+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of residency while applying for OHIP

astrodude

Jan 1, 2019
Hi,

my situation: I own a house in Ontario and my wife just landed and is living with me. the mortgage/water/gas/electric bills are all under my name only. She is not yet having a driver license, Ontario Photo card or bank statement.

question: how can we prove to Ontario Service Center that she is living at the same address with me, in the quickest way?

Someone has suggested that we sign a lease agreement, but I am afraid if this would work since it is obvious not a real agreement.

Please advise. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

my situation: I own a house in Ontario and my wife just landed and is living with me. the mortgage/water/gas/electric bills are all under my name only. She is not yet having a driver license, Ontario Photo card or bank statement.

question: how can we prove to Ontario Service Center that she is living at the same address with me, in the quickest way?

Someone has suggested that we sign a lease agreement, but I am afraid if this would work since it is obvious not a real agreement.

Please advise. Thanks!
A lease agreement signed by your spouse would likely be seen as invalid. Set up a bank account.