+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship for Spousal open work permit

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hi Guys,
Anyone please help me. I have applied for work permit and along with it my wife open work permit and my kids study permit too. My wife application got a letter from IRCC to submit proof of relationship. I am puzzled as we already submitted our marriage certificate and we have been married for 8 years and have a kid as well. What should I submit in addition to marriage certificate to IRCC to show proof of relationship ? Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks !!

yz1525

Star Member
Apr 29, 2022
Hi Guys,
Anyone please help me. I have applied for work permit and along with it my wife open work permit and my kids study permit too. My wife application got a letter from IRCC to submit proof of relationship. I am puzzled as we already submitted our marriage certificate and we have been married for 8 years and have a kid as well. What should I submit in addition to marriage certificate to IRCC to show proof of relationship ? Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks !!
Hope this link would help.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Thanks I have already submitted marriage certificate guess I have to submit the marriage photos as well. This seems counter intuitive when you are married and have a kid who goes to school and you are asked to show proof of relationship. Sighh. Anyways thanks a lot for your info. Let me see what I can do.

yz1525

Star Member
Apr 29, 2022
Yeah no problem. According to my consultant, relationship proof includes several aspects like social bond (wedding photos, photos with other friends, family etc. ). Financial bond is also important - things like co-owned properties, join accounts, insurance with your spouse as beneficiary etc.