+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF PERSONAL FUNDS

duv

Feb 20, 2007
Dear All,

1st :
I have interview after few days, I wanted to know whether I can show National Savings Certificates,FDs & Shares as proof of funds.in Interview ?

2nd :
I had applied for immigration a few years back under skilled class, but at that time I did not apply for my wife. Now since I have interview next week is it advisable to pay the application fees & appear for an interview along with wife or should I appear with wife in interview & once my application is approved I should pay the fees for wife ( dependant) as well.

Please give me expert help on two issues.

Thank you
regards
Duv

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Dear duv,

First of all I wish you good luck in interview.
Now here are answers to your questions:
1. Yes you can show Saving Certificates and all kind of investments as your proof of funds.
2. This is a bit tricky. Were you married at the time of application? or you married later. In that case you should have notified CIC about the change of marital status. If you want to include your wife, you should do it now. Most probably your application will be delayed, but it is the right way.
Thanks
Cool

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Hey Duv,
Regarding your wifes application: It is not advised to apply for your wife now since this will slow down the processing of your application. The best way is to get well prepared and show up to the interview and hopefully get it positive. After that you will be asked for your medicals which is usually the last step to get your PR approved.
Getting your PR visa, your wife will be able to travel and live with you in Canada according to the law and then you can apply to sposor your wife within Canada. Thats exactly what I know from my little experience with the process!

Best of Luck,
Hammadsanaa

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hammadsanaa said:
Hey Duv,
Regarding your wifes application: It is not advised to apply for your wife now since this will slow down the processing of your application. The best way is to get well prepared and show up to the interview and hopefully get it positive. After that you will be asked for your medicals which is usually the last step to get your PR approved.
Getting your PR visa, your wife will be able to travel and live with you in Canada according to the law and then you can apply to sposor your wife within Canada. Thats exactly what I know from my little experience with the process!

Best of Luck,
Hammadsanaa

1. He has to add his wife to the application complete the forms and he has to amend his application to reflect his change in status.
2. If he does not add his wife, she cannot be sponsored and he will probably be removed for misrepresentation.
3. You are really giving him bad advice.

PMM

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi duv

I am agree with PMM 100%

It is preferable to slow down the process rather than lose the unique opportunity to immigrate into Canada

Please be careful, update your marital status as soon as possible
Eduardo

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Dear PMM and all others,
I think that you all are completely misunderstanding the main issue in Duv's posting. Duv said in his posting "I had applied for immigration a few years back under skilled class, but at that time I did not apply for my wife." This does not mean at all that Duv did not mention that he is married in his application for immigration. This only means that he applied just for himself and paid the fees for himself only as the main applicant. This also means that he had filled his application completely, correctly, perfectly telling the truth that he is married.
He is asking about applying for his wife now, as his application is fortunately coming to its end. I think that this is really what he means and upon that I did advice him not to apply for his wife now! If the situation is not that way, please Duv make it clear for all of us, If it is, I absolutely beleive that I am right!
Sorry if I have cofused any one, and Dear PMM believe me that I may be the ONLY ONE in the world that LOVES (I mean it" LOVES") to 100% RESPECT the law, and thus I did not intend to give my FRIEND Duv a bad advice as you said!
All the Best,
Hammadsanaa!

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Two points:
1. Whether Mr. Duv was married before application or later. I mean if he has already notified CIC about his marital status.
2. If he hasn't already informed then he should do it ASAP, because otherwise it comes into misinformation. Which may disqualify him.

Therfore in any case he should let CIC know his current status and submit the fees for his wife and waite a few more days.

Thanks
Cool

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
[flash=200,200][/flash]

ABSOLUTELY...he must inform of his marriage if he hasn't done so..imperative he should and yes he could be refused for leaving out that bit of information.

ALL changes in a status MUST be informed and it doesn't delay that much if he has his marraige ceriticate, her birth certiicate,her cirruclume vitae, schooling certificates, job references if she worked or is working, pictures of his marriage is essential and if he is taking his wife with him or not.

ONE must always declaire any changes of any kind.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
hammadsanaa said:
Dear PMM and all others,
I think that you all are completely misunderstanding the main issue in Duv's posting. Duv said in his posting "I had applied for immigration a few years back under skilled class, but at that time I did not apply for my wife." This does not mean at all that Duv did not mention that he is married in his application for immigration. This only means that he applied just for himself and paid the fees for himself only as the main applicant. This also means that he had filled his application completely, correctly, perfectly telling the truth that he is married.
He is asking about applying for his wife now, as his application is fortunately coming to its end. I think that this is really what he means and upon that I did advice him not to apply for his wife now! If the situation is not that way, please Duv make it clear for all of us, If it is, I absolutely beleive that I am right!
Sorry if I have cofused any one, and Dear PMM believe me that I may be the ONLY ONE in the world that LOVES (I mean it" LOVES") to 100% RESPECT the law, and thus I did not intend to give my FRIEND Duv a bad advice as you said!
All the Best,
Hammadsanaa!
Hi my friend hammadsanaa

Certainly we did understand the question from Our friend Duv, it was very clear that he was not married when he applied for immigration, not yet, at that time… and he did well telling that he was not married of course it was the truth, but now his marital status has changed already so he must notify CIC about it ASAP. So whether he applies for his wife or not, and he thinks that it could be better to do it after; anyway he must notify the change right quick before he gets his immigration process done.

Cheers
Eduardo

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Dear Eduardo Picazo,
Thank you very very much for clarifying the issue that confused alot of us and heated the conversation. I really appreciate and respect the way you treated the issue. If the issue is really the way you understood, then I am 1000000% with you. Moreover, He must have updated the change in marital situation as soon as the change had taken place. This is my advice to each and every one facing such a situation. Thanks again!
With my full respect and appreciation,
Hammadsanaa.