+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of medical examination for the sponsored person

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Dear,

I am a PR of Canada and my wife who is on visit visa to Canada (doesn’t have PR), she is with me and i want to sponsor her from within Canada, Inland sponsorship

My Wife is pregnant now in her 4 months and i want to apply to sponsor her from In Canada, and a medical examination is required, but since she is pregnant we can’t do X-Ray and medical examination for her.

I have two options

1- Wait till the baby delivery then do the medical examination and apply for her, BUT by this we will waste time (5 months wasting of time)
2- Apply for her the complete application NOW without the medical examination, until baby delivery then do the medical examination and send it.

WILL THEY ACCEPT AN APPLICATION WITHOUT A MEDICAL EXAMINATION BECAUSE THE MOTHER IS PREGNANT?

I don’t mind if the process takes longer time if I apply now due to missing documents, but I do mind if they return the application!

Especially they emphasize everywhere that they will return the application if they found any missing documents.

Is postponing the sending of medical examination report is to be considered a MISSING DOCUMENTS? or they will keep the application till I send them the medical examination after the baby delivery? and i will not lose time by this?

Please help with your advice

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I believe that you can get the medical done minus the x-ray. I am sure the DR will add it in the review that she is pregnant and will need them done at a later point in time. Then after the baby is born(Congrats by the way!!) they will request that she gets it done.

You can also include a letter from your/her obgyn or family DR whichever is overseeing the pregnancy, to state that she is pregnant and how far along/due date ect. This will confirm/prove it and give a valid reason for not having the x-ray.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Oh another point, you can apply an outland application while inland, it has a faster processing time, and a right of appeal should you be refused. Just keep requesting to extend her current visa so it doesn't expire.

Others may have more advice to give as well.

Take Care

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Thank you Made In Canada

Regarding the outland sponsorship it is good idea I think, but also I have to do the same for the x-ray correct? I mean do all the test except the x-ray?
Another question, if I applied from outland then when should I apply for visa extension? Now? Or later? And how many times I can extend the visa for?
I checked the CIC website and the process time for our nationality is stage one =1 month and stage two -19 month( Amman Jordan office), so total time required for processing is 20 months, my question is can I keep on asking for visa extension every six month and for 20 months?
I heard also the outland is faster than inland, but if the outland will take 20 months for us then how about the inland?
Thank you MadeInCanada

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
canadadubai said:
Thank you Made In Canada

Regarding the outland sponsorship it is good idea I think, but also I have to do the same for the x-ray correct? I mean do all the test except the x-ray?
Another question, if I applied from outland then when should I apply for visa extension? Now? Or later? And how many times I can extend the visa for?
I checked the CIC website and the process time for our nationality is stage one =1 month and stage two -19 month( Amman Jordan office), so total time required for processing is 20 months, my question is can I keep on asking for visa extension every six month and for 20 months?
I heard also the outland is faster than inland, but if the outland will take 20 months for us then how about the inland?
Thank you MadeInCanada
There is no guarantee you will get approved for a visa extension with an outland app in process. This is much easier for someone holding a visa-exempt passport.

If you want to be guaranteed to stay in Canada during the entire processing time, then you need to stick with an inland application.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Thank you Rob

Yes if she doesn’t have visa to guarantee her entry again in case visa extension is rejected, then it is useless for me the outland application!

if i get her a new TRV visit visa with long validity then ill go for outland if i couldnt theni will go for inland

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
canadadubai said:
Thank you Rob

Yes if she doesn't have visa to guarantee her entry again in case visa extension is rejected, then it is useless for me the outland application!

if i get her a new TRV visit visa with long validity then ill go for outland if i couldnt theni will go for inland
Also I was going to mention, it sounds like if you apply inland you will be having the baby in Canada. Not sure what province you are in so make sure to check if your wife is eligible for healthcare as the spouse of a Canadian resident (possible in provinces such as Alberta). In other provinces she will not be eligible for healthcare until after becoming a PR, which will obviously be after the baby is born.

So make sure to understand the costs involved if you need to pay. I've heard a simple birth can be anywhere from $2K to $4K... and then increasing up to $10K if there are any complications.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
thanx rob

for the cost yes i know, i have to pay upto 10K BUT i didnt know that there are provinces grant the wife a health insurance based on the PR of the husbend(even though she is on TRV still)! which province is that??

i planned to fo to Ontario.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ontario doesn't as far as I know. That province is one of the least generous with health cover.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
zardoz said:
Ontario doesn't as far as I know. That province is one of the least generous with health cover.
Ontario doesn't as far as I know also. We had to wait till full PR, and then 3 months after that got health coverage.

Alberta is one of the provinces that allow health coverage to residents on visitor status. Not sure of the others.

If you are looking to save costs for pregnancy, look into midwife options as it will be considerably cheaper.