+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Means of Financial Support for CEC.

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I have received ITA under CEC program and currently preparing for the documents. I know that CEC program doesn't require any proof of settlement funds but one of the requirement is "Proof of Means of Financial Support ".
1. May I know if there is any particular amount that I need to keep into my bank account while submitting the bank statement?
2. Do I need to provide any official letter issued by financial institution indicating my financial profile?

Thanks for your help!

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
I have received ITA under CEC program and currently preparing for the documents. I know that CEC program doesn't require any proof of settlement funds but one of the requirement is "Proof of Means of Financial Support ".
1. May I know if there is any particular amount that I need to keep into my bank account while submitting the bank statement?
2. Do I need to provide any official letter issued by financial institution indicating my financial profile?

Thanks for your help!
Hi,

According to IRCC, applicants under CEC stream are not required to provide their Proof of Means of Financial Support.
IRCC instructs in detail as follows:

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Therefore, you can simply upload a letter of explanation stating that you have been invited under the CEC stream.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

JayATW

Jul 11, 2020
I recently received an ITA under CEC, however I don’t live in Canada anymore, do I still have to show proof of settlement funds?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I recently received an ITA under CEC, however I don’t live in Canada anymore, do I still have to show proof of settlement funds?
NO!!!

Read the message above, there is no mention of any place of residence! What waives this requirement is the stream you were invited under.

Reactions: JayATW

poobathy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello seniors
I got the invitation through cec but while creating the profile I mentioned the proof of funds as 24000 now do I need show the funds in my account

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello seniors
I got the invitation through cec but while creating the profile I mentioned the proof of funds as 24000 now do I need show the funds in my account
No just attach a LOE stating that you have been invited under CEC and thus you are not required to attach/submit any proof of funds.