+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Income££££ NEW

Andrewukexpat

Jan 18, 2013
Hi members,

My wife is a natural born canadian citizen living in the UK with Myself and our daughter who is also British. We are moving to Canada asap and are about to submit our visa document but Ive come across these questions about supporting documents:

sorry cant post links on here so can only leave the referance the doc can be found on CIC Canada websites just type in the search box

IMM5491E it will come up in PDF fomat

Question 17 on the documents check list - my wife has been working in the uk for 3 years do we still have to obtain Option C print out from the last year she worked in Canada or do we have to get the recent one equivalent from the UK tax office

Question 19 on the documents check list - dont really understand this one but this is my take on it if we do provide an equivalent tax form for the last year and a letter from the wife's boss to state her time frame for work and earning over a 12 month annual period we need not send the evidence (A) payslips (B) understood (C) Evidence of interest in Bank accounts (D) and all of these

Thank you for taking time to read this message and any help will be greatly appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andrewukexpat said:
Hi members,

My wife is a natural born canadian citizen living in the UK with Myself and our daughter who is also British. We are moving to Canada asap and are about to submit our visa document but Ive come across these questions about supporting documents:

sorry cant post links on here so can only leave the referance the doc can be found on CIC Canada websites just type in the search box

IMM5491E it will come up in PDF fomat

Question 17 on the documents check list - my wife has been working in the uk for 3 years do we still have to obtain Option C print out from the last year she worked in Canada or do we have to get the recent one equivalent from the UK tax office

Question 19 on the documents check list - dont really understand this one but this is my take on it if we do provide an equivalent tax form for the last year and a letter from the wife's boss to state her time frame for work and earning over a 12 month annual period we need not send the evidence (A) payslips (B) understood (C) Evidence of interest in Bank accounts (D) and all of these

Thank you for taking time to read this message and any help will be greatly appreciated
Hi

I was in the same situation, 2 years living in the UK when I sponsored my partner.

I didn't provide the Option C. In place of it, I provided a copy of my latest P60 from the UK, a copy of my 2011 Canadian assessment (can be printed from Revenue Canada, from "my account") and a short explanation that I had been working outside of Canada for several years.

As for question 19, it says "If you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement". If you are sponsoring ONLY your wife, you do not need to meet a minimum income requirement and you can ignore that section. I think you only do it if you are sponsoring children as well. I just put N/A for that section.

I was approved to sponsor, so it should be fine for you guys :)

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hi Andrew

The checklist says that if you are unable provide this Option C printout , provide an explanation on a seperate sheet of paper
So You Explain that were living in UK for the past 3 years. And there is no need to get an equivalent one from UK office, because the main purpose of this paper is to check whether you are on Canadian social assistance (welfare) or whether you are bankrupt.

About question 19 you don't need to provide income requirement, this is required if your dependants have dependants childrens of their own, but still you need to include employment contract(if you are employed) and/or proof of income , the below from CIC website passage explains this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application

Hope this helps

Andrewukexpat

Jan 18, 2013
Cunuck in uk And camelboy

Thank you both for your quick and informative reply's I am now clear on whats is required.

kind Regards

Andrew