Mar 25, 2010
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo, Japan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I am applying for a visitor visa. I am currently living here in Japan. One of the requirements is "ORIGINAL" proof of funds (in the form of passbooks, bank statementd, or time deposits) - I got this from the application checklist. Now my question is, do I have to send my original passbook to the embassy? Will they return it after the application is over? HELP PLEASE.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In fact they will return on completion of the visa process. However, if you are reluctant to send your bank passbook you can send an original bank statement showing the previous 6 six months.

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
hi Wilson,

Is this really needed even though all the expenses, accomodation and such will be sponsored/shouldered by the one who invited to go to canada? Thanks!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
iamcherrie said:
hi Wilson,

Is this really needed even though all the expenses, accomodation and such will be sponsored/shouldered by the one who invited to go to canada? Thanks!
The reason the visitor has to prove they have sufficient personal funds is to ensure they will not get stranded in Canada and be unable to leave without assistance. Regardless of whether or not your invitee is going to provide room and board, you still have to show you have your own funds. What would happen in a situation where a guest falls out with the host. Without money and a month before your flight home it would be very difficult to survive. The other issue is that having sufficient funds shows the VO that you are "established", have a good job and ties to your home country. Without proving that, you will not get a TRV.

emmaco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
you can demonstrate/show the original bank statements, stamped and signed by the bank(6 months history)