+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds & Strong Ties To Home.

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
I am a Canadian citizen wanting to invite my friend from the Philippines. She is poor, has no travel history. I would like her to come for 46 days. I know she will more than likely be refused but we want to try anyway.

Seems like only the rich can visit Canada.

Three questions.
1. If we had a joint bank account that showed funds for her travel proving she can support herself. Even though I'll be the one supporting her.
2. What if her kids wrote letters stating that their Mother will not leave them. Kids are 15, 9, 6 and she is living with her sister.
3. Is travel history just another way of showing that they return to their own Country?

Planning to apply in three months.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some suggestions to demonstrate her ties to the Philippines:
a. Is she employed?

b. Does she own any property? Land ownership? Or she has a lease agreement?

c. How does she support her kids financially? Do they live with her? btw her kids are good family ties to convince the visa officer that she will return

d. Does she have any other finances/investments (her own) for her visit? You can also provide a Letter of Financial Support

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
No, she is poor so she doesn't own property.
She was working out of province but she had to go home as her dad died. Kids live with her. Looking for another job in her hometown. I already stated in my letter of invitation that I am being responsible for everything. I'm a little well off so money isn't an issue. I am also going to include last six months of my bank statements to prove I have the funds for her trip and all expenses.
I also included a flight itinerary and a travel itinerary for when she is here.
I think 46 days isn't over doing it. I don't want her being away from her kids any longer than that. I can't go back until Jan.

boopityboo

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 18, 2015
File Transfer...
May 18, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 08/30/2014
Med's Done....
Re-medical 02/16/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 11, 2016
Hi, cardkleener!

I suggest your friend get a job first before applying so she will have some sort of proof of employment. A job will also count as a tie to her home country. With her having kids to support, it might look like she's coming here to look for a job.

Good luck!

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
cardkleener said:
I am a Canadian citizen wanting to invite my friend from the Philippines. She is poor, has no travel history. I would like her to come for 46 days. I know she will more than likely be refused but we want to try anyway.

Seems like only the rich can visit Canada.

Three questions.
1. If we had a joint bank account that showed funds for her travel proving she can support herself. Even though I'll be the one supporting her.
2. What if her kids wrote letters stating that their Mother will not leave them. Kids are 15, 9, 6 and she is living with her sister.
3. Is travel history just another way of showing that they return to their own Country?

Planning to apply in three months.

Thanks.
Hi there cardkleener,

Your invitation and funds are not sufficient for your friend's application for tourist visa here in Canada.

I am from the Philippines and helped few people in applying visa to Canada. I recently applied for my mom who got 5 year visa and my brother who got 5 months visa.

If your friend doesn't have a property or a job in the Philippines, I am pretty sure, the embassy won't give her a TRV. If she is senior, doesn't have properties and no job, the Canadian Embassy might give her a visa (just like my mom).

If I am a visa officer, I will think this way..

- Why is this woman here in Canada?
-She doesn't have a job, how is she going to support herself and her kids in the Philippines (Filipinos leave the Philippines to support their family back home)
-What is your relation to her? It's not usual that a friend will support everything for her..

I am not judging you but are you in a relationship with her?

because if you are, it's probably better if you go to the Philippines, marry her and then bring her to Canada as a spouse. Spousal visa has 95% approval rate..

I am saying this because, there is no fiance visa in Canada and tourist visa for woman between 20 - 45 years old don't usually get approval because they can easily find work illegally (and they're not paying tax to the government)..

Now, if you are not in a relationship with her and she really is your friend, it is better for her to have a job then she can get an employment letter from her company that she is needed at her job and she will go back to the Philippines after her visit her.

Also, the reason that she has kids back home is not an assurance that she will be approved. Most Filipino women here have kids back in the Philippines and they are working hard so they can send money home.

i hope you get my point.

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
Kelly ty for the information. Would it matter if I was a BSO? Would that have any influence?
I met her in the Philippines when I was there in Jan. I spent six weeks there. I can't say that she is my gf. I would like it to be but I'm still trying to figure her out. She's 35. However I'm am not seeing anybody else. I would like for us to build a relationship that's why I want her to come here for 46 days. I also want to know what her motives are also.
What about an itinerary for flight showing a return to home?
What about a joint bank account?
Also my ex wife is a Filipina so I did that route already. I'm not about to go that way again. Not yet anyway. Maybe in a few years if all goes well.
Thanks again.

M

mikeymyke

Applying for a TRV isn't for the rich, it's for people who can demonstrate they're able to support themselves and have a high chance of not overstaying in Canada. There are plenty of people who are able to get TRVs without much money, they were just able to show they have strong family ties, travel history, good purpose of visit, etc. The whole point in getting a TRV is to show that the applicant will not overstay.

However, most people I see are refused due to "Purpose of Visit". Why is your potential g/f trying to come visit Canada? Just to do a bit of tourism? Why would a woman with 3 kids with no money or travel history want to travel to Canada all of a sudden? I know it sounds a bit unfair and discriminatory that they would ask questions like this, as everyone worldwide should be treated equally, but the bottom line is not everyone follows immigration rules, and the Philippines especially, in additoin to having lots of people wanting to immigrate here, has LOTS of people either working illegally or overstaying on past TRVs, hence the need to place further restrictions on their travel. It's no different than the governemnt doing the same thing to Vietnamese, Thai, Bangladeshis, they're restricting people not due to lack of finances, but due to statistics.

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
For reasons that I cannot post on a public site. None of what you said are relevant to my situation. But in another situation with my ex mother in law. She was refused a visa and she had extremely strong ties to the Philippines. Such as properties, family and no interest to move, live in Canada. She wanted to come to visit her newly born grand daughter and her daughter. She wasn't rich but she wasn't living in a slum area. Besides I was going to be responsible for all expenses anyway.
As far as my gf is concerned. I never said she had no money. I said she was poor. What do you mean. All of a sudden? Is there a time frame from when you meet someone to inviting them to come to Canada, tour, meet family? Does everybody in the world HAVE to travel so they can build up a travel history JUST in case they meet someone and they need a travel history to apply for a visa. She had no reason to travel before. Why is that so hard to believe?
So basically what you are saying is. My gf will abandon her children, her family, her home just so she can stay in Canada and overstay her visa therefore she should be denied.
Let's call it what it is.
Visa's ARE for the rich.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
cardkleener said:
For reasons that I cannot post on a public site. None of what you said are relevant to my situation. But in another situation with my ex mother in law. She was refused a visa and she had extremely strong ties to the Philippines. Such as properties, family and no interest to move, live in Canada. She wanted to come to visit her newly born grand daughter and her daughter. She wasn't rich but she wasn't living in a slum area. Besides I was going to be responsible for all expenses anyway.
As far as my gf is concerned. I never said she had no money. I said she was poor. What do you mean. All of a sudden? Is there a time frame from when you meet someone to inviting them to come to Canada, tour, meet family? Does everybody in the world HAVE to travel so they can build up a travel history JUST in case they meet someone and they need a travel history to apply for a visa. She had no reason to travel before. Why is that so hard to believe?
So basically what you are saying is. My gf will abandon her children, her family, her home just so she can stay in Canada and overstay her visa therefore she should be denied.
Visa's ARE for the rich.
I will not pretend to know your situation but I can tell you, living in the Middle East, it is not uncommon to have Filipinos of all classes leave behind their children and spouses for work. They get compensated enough to build a nice life for their loved ones back in the Philippines. I am not saying your gf would do that, but like the other posters have said, CIC's statistics may indicate a higher risk.

It's not about the money, otherwise for example, Saudis (who are generally rich and comfortable), wouldn't have the additional need to submit biometerics when applying for a Canadian TRV.

M

mikeymyke

simplyaddo said:
It's not about the money, otherwise for example, Saudis (who are generally rich and comfortable), wouldn't have the additional need to submit biometerics when applying for a Canadian TRV.
Exactly. My wife and mom in law, who both got their TRV and super visa respectively approved, from a country that requires biometrics (Vietnam), unlike Philippines, and both of them aren't exactly "rich".

Visa's ARE for the rich.
You can complain about this all you want. Get your wife or ex mom-in-law to try to apply to go to the UK, Australia or United States and they'll face the same challenges. Do you ever wonder why these countries and Canada have to impose visa restrictions on the Philippines? Why should every person of the world be given the right to enter any country they want, when not everyone follows the rules?

You should stop treating this as if every foreign visitor should have the right to enter this country without question just because you're a Canadian citizen and that these people are related or bonded to you somehow. This sense of entitlement is ridiculous. And nobody says your gf WILL abandon her kids and family, I'm just saying your gf cannot prove she won't. That's the whole point of the TRV, it's her job to prove she's not an overstay risk. How the hell is CIC supposed to determine someone is a genuine visitor (aside from having mind reading abilities) beyond looking at someone's finances, travel history, and family ties?

Also the way you talk about how you want her to come here to see "what her motives are", and the fact you're seemingly unsure if this person is really your g/f or not (in the first post you even stated her as a "friend"), why would you go through so much trouble to bring someone here whom you're not sure if can be g/f or not? Wouldn't you rather go date her in her own country for a long period of time, solidify your relationship, then bring her over to Canada to meet your folks and friends? That would seem to make way more sense because if you take her to Canada so quickly if she has bad motives, she would just dupe you until she comes to Canada, as she thinks to herself, "Wow this guy already wants to take me to Canada so soon?". At least if you date her in her own country for a while, and she's not sure where you guys will be living after marriage, you would be able to see more clearly whether she's only interested in coming to Canada or just being with you, since she wouldn't bother dating a guy that she's not sure will take her to Canada or not (if she had bad motives).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Here are some of the guidelines that IRCC officers look for when considering a candidate for a TRV application, so you may want to address these ties:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/admissibility.asp

Here's what you can do for the invitation letter:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/entry.asp

And here's the case of another forum member who got his Filipina GF a TRV with a similar profile to your GF:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-gf-from-philippines-passport-submission-request-t410422.0.html

IMO, I suggest you shorten the length of the trip in the application and invitation letter to 2-3 weeks rather than nearly 7 weeks if you want to convince the VO she has ties back home with her parents and children.

Mar 17, 2016
cardkleener said:
Visa's ARE for the rich.
if you go about it with this kind of attitude you will not succeed. It is not just about having strong ties, it is about showing that as clearly as possible to the CIC officer reading your file. Your situation does raise warning bells, because she is leaving her kids to visit someone who she isn't in a relationship with for 46 days? What if she gets here and you realize her motives are bad and you suddenly don't want to support her anymore? Will she have a way to return without your financial support?

The bottom line is the government thinks you do not have a relationship, it is not normal for a mother to leave her children who still need primary care, and she is a flight risk when she lands. Opening a joint account does not help your case. What normal person opens a joint account with someone they have no relationship with, and wants to bring them here to see where things will end up?

In your application you had better be prepared to give a lot of proof about her relationship with her kids, and no don't have them write letters, is that what children under 10 would do? Show family pictures, birth certificates, etc. Who will take care of them when she's gone?

And no, Visas are not for the rich. My GF is from vietnam, young, no job, no funds in bank, no property. I was also told it is hopeless, but I built a case for her and now she has a 10 year visa.