+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds requirement while landing

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Please all, I need clarification on this. Thank you as you respond
Simple answer, can you rent a house or buy groceries with fixed deposit certificate? If yes then they will accept. Funds you need to show are for your immediate consumption i.e. to live in Canada.

Oluwaseyijoe1

May 16, 2022
Ok...still not clear because I believe fixed deposit are liquid funds that can be cashed anytime . I used this as show of proof of funds for my PR application. Will it be accepted?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Ok...still not clear because I believe fixed deposit are liquid funds that can be cashed anytime . I used this as show of proof of funds for my PR application. Will it be accepted?
If you are able to convince border agent then I don't see any issue. Why can't you liquidate your certificate and deposit money into your bank account. You are going to need the money anyway right.

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Same as foodie69--no one asked me for proof of funds on the border. I had already arranged a condo unit for rent and had a job lined up, so I guess there wasn't any need? But it is normal that you might not want to carry cash and will open a bank account in Canada after coming.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
1. No will ask for proof of funds when you land
2. If in off chance they ask showing FD slips is enough

Reactions: LuckyCent

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
1. No will ask for proof of funds when you land
2. If in off chance they ask showing FD slips is enough
Hi Cansha,
Will the printouts of online PDF statement from the bank work as a proof of fund? Without the stamp from the bank? I am landing next week. Please help!!

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Sorry to be a late questioner, but when I had applied for PR the proof of funds were set at 12800 and that’s what I showed to get my CoPR now they are 13745, if asked will he funds I need to show be 12800 or 13k.