+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Questions

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Hi guys,

I want to apply for study permit within Canada, and my sister is willing to sponsor me from US. I also got her bank statement from the bank. My questions are:

1. Is it advisable for me to have my sister's funds transfer it to my bank account here in Canada?
2. Or can I just submit the bank statement in US dollars?
3. If I'm going to have it transferred here, do I need to submit a receipt along with my application so they will know that it came from my sister?
4. If I'm going to have it transferred here, do I still need to submit my sister's bank statement or just my bank statement with the funds in it?

Advance thank you for all the people who will be answering this question. :)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your sister should wire money to your bank account - enough money to cover your (at least one )semester (tuition and living expense).
if she cannot wire all fund at once, you can send bank receipts that she wired some fund to your bank account.
and letter from your sister that she will financially support you till you finish school (with her signature on it).

If she has a job, you might wanna send a letter from her work ( ex- job title, pay) and her pay stub etc.
- it would be problem, if she make not enough income to support you and herself in state.
Also, if she is married and has a kid, how she would support you etc (CIC might have question about those ..)

you are not supporting yourself so need solid financial proof.

also you can write a letter you will work part/full time to support yourself too (if you can legally work in Canada)

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
floomy said:
your sister should wire money to your bank account - enough money to cover your (at least one )semester (tuition and living expense).
if she cannot wire all fund at once, you can send bank receipts that she wired some fund to your bank account.
and letter from your sister that she will financially support you till you finish school (with her signature on it).

If she has a job, you might wanna send a letter from her work ( ex- job title, pay) and her pay stub etc.
- it would be problem, if she make not enough income to support you and herself in state.
Also, if she is married and has a kid, how she would support you etc (CIC might have question about those ..)

you are not supporting yourself so need solid financial proof.

also you can write a letter you will work part/full time to support yourself too (if you can legally work in Canada)

Thank you so much! :)