+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Visitor Visa

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
My parents are applying for a visitor visa to visit me in Toronto. For proof of funds, my father is retired and has $10K in his bank accounts. My mother has been a house wife throughout her life, but my father has opened a lot of FDs in her name in her bank accounts. We have ~$40K in FDs under my mothers name. The problem is, if i say my mom is a house wife, will they question the Fixed Deposits & Savings account having $40K under my mothers name?

lifeisb4u

Oct 8, 2021
I don't think they will question that. Its probably wiser to show your / your husbands funds in Canada as proof along with the above docs from your parents to say that they will return back

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Similar question here.

My parents applied for visitor visa back in 2022 and got approval. My dad was still working back then, and we submitted his employment letter + bank statements as proof of funds. They both travelled to Canada for 2 weeks in summer 2022. Then he retired by the end of 2022, and they both came back in summer 2023 for 2 months.

My dad's passport expired, and he got a new one. Now, he wants to renew his visitor visa. He still has a B1/B2 visa for the USA on his old passport. Since he's retired, I'm unsure what to provide as proof of income/funds.

While creating the application in GCKey, two questions ask "Do you have a job in the country where you currently live?" and "Do you own a business in the country where you currently live?". He certainly doesn't have a job. He does own a property that he rents and is his current source of income. He also has a bank account with more than $30k. I was thinking about submitting the following:

- Proof of the contract of the property he's renting.
- Bank statement with current balance and 6-month average.
- My employment letter as support stating that I would cover his expenses during his visit.

If I do this, should I answer yes to the "Do you own a business in the country where you currently live?" question?