+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 1 year living together

Joachim1993

Mar 8, 2020
Me and my partner have just been living together since March 16th. She will be sponsoring me next year, once we have lived together for exactly one year. Our rental agreement mentions that start date, yet the government states that we need two pieces of evidence from at least two of potential proofs.

We have opened a joint bank account two weeks later on March 31 and will get additional proof such as a joint car insurance within a few weeks.

My question is if it matters that the dates of our rental agreement and our additional proof (the joint bank account) don't match exactly? I now wonder if we should pick March 16th as the deadline we lived together for a year, or March 31, the date from which we can provide proof of two pieces of documentation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Me and my partner have just been living together since March 16th. She will be sponsoring me next year, once we have lived together for exactly one year. Our rental agreement mentions that start date, yet the government states that we need two pieces of evidence from at least two of potential proofs.

We have opened a joint bank account two weeks later on March 31 and will get additional proof such as a joint car insurance within a few weeks.

My question is if it matters that the dates of our rental agreement and our additional proof (the joint bank account) don't match exactly? I now wonder if we should pick March 16th as the deadline we lived together for a year, or March 31, the date from which we can provide proof of two pieces of documentation.
You should apply after March 31st when you have more than one proof.