+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional designations

riciamsc

Jun 23, 2017
Good day,

I have the following qualifications, BSc Accounting, ACCA and CFE. I sent my BSc degree to ICAS to be evaluated and it is equivalent to a 3 year degree in Canada. I inquired with ICAS prior to submitting my BSc for evaluation whether or not my other professional designations can also be evaluated and I was told "NO". Hence I evaluated my bachelors degree alone.

Now I am on this site and I am seeing persons stating they submitted their ACCA qualification to WES Canada and it was evaluated and is equivalent to a 3 year degree? I checked WES Canada's website and it states the following;

"Does WES evaluate work experience?

WES evaluates formal secondary and post-secondary academic credentials only. WES does not assess professional designation, professional competence or experience."

I am missing something here or maybe the policy has changed since WES is claiming they do not evaluate professional designations. Kindly share your similar experiences.

Thank you.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Good day,

I have the following qualifications, BSc Accounting, ACCA and CFE. I sent my BSc degree to ICAS to be evaluated and it is equivalent to a 3 year degree in Canada. I inquired with ICAS prior to submitting my BSc for evaluation whether or not my other professional designations can also be evaluated and I was told "NO". Hence I evaluated my bachelors degree alone.

Now I am on this site and I am seeing persons stating they submitted their ACCA qualification to WES Canada and it was evaluated and is equivalent to a 3 year degree? I checked WES Canada's website and it states the following;

"Does WES evaluate work experience?

WES evaluates formal secondary and post-secondary academic credentials only. WES does not assess professional designation, professional competence or experience."

I am missing something here or maybe the policy has changed since WES is claiming they do not evaluate professional designations. Kindly share your similar experiences.

Thank you.
If you undertook the ACCA with the Oxford Brookes University degree option, it makes a difference.

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hi Pipis Husband and all ACCA-ECA folks ,

The ACCA is a full Professional qualification, for members. Does any evaluation body (WES,IQAS,ICES) evaluate it as "MASTERS". I got ACCA + BSc evaluated as Bachelors by WES. But I learnt that the evaluation is Not the same as done by different bodies. Anyone who got ACCA + BSc , evaluated by anyone except WES ? Thanks.