+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Product Management in Canada

vanshvsingh

Nov 28, 2020
Hi All,
I am moving to Canada from India and looking for a Product Management job. Can someone guide me about how to approach it?
What do I need to prepare and what are the resources I can look at? Also, is it possible to find a job from India?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Congratulations. Look at Indeed, JobBank. Focus on where you are living. It will be very difficult to get a job from India.

vanshvsingh

Nov 28, 2020
I know it is difficult from India. Could you guide me around what I need to prepare to get a job when I land in Canada? I have experience in Big tech companies as a developer in India and I am working as a PM in a San Francisco based startup
How do I compensate for the lack of Canadian experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have PR yet? Showing you will have or have work authorization is the first step. Where are you moving to? Focus on the city or province and just start searches for jobs and see if you have specialized skills that may set you apart. For example if you are a PM, become a member of the PM association of Canada and join a local chapter to network. If you worked for big companies, do any have Canadian offices to at least network and make contact with.