+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for study permit for International applying from USA

kzubair

Jun 24, 2016
Hi Altruists,

I am a Bangladeshi student currently finished studying in USA. I will be starting my PhD from the September in a Canadian Uni. I have applied for Canadian study permit from USA 15th of this month. I would like to go to Bangladesh before the September session starts.

My question is - how long it may take for them to provide permit, ask for my passport and then return it back to me since I will need that to travel to my country. The CIC website says it will take 4 weeks approximately. I am not sure if it includes all the process up to the returning of the passport.

Thanks.

aviator28

Aug 2, 2016
Hi

I have applied submitted Study permit application with all supporting documents on 06-jun-2016 in Los Angles VAC.
next day i have dispatched my passport from my home city in USA.
VAC customer care said, they have Processed my application on 11th jun. so wait for 13-15 working days for decision.
It has already crossed 15 working days.
Current tracking status is : " Additional Documents Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration "

Is any one else is facing same prob?
any idea how much time they take for decision, if applied on Papers?

Rnoor

Feb 1, 2019
Hi,
Sorry for the wrong reply.
I am a bangladeshi student in USA. Can you please tell me how long it did take to get the study permit ?