+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Restoration of my Study permit + Post Graduate work permit

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Hi everyone! Does anyone have a situation like mine?. Here's my situation.

I applied for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) on June 17th 2013 and the application was refused because the transcript I submitted did not show that my grades had been granted.

Somehow, I missed an email from school that asked everyone to apply to graduate. I had thought that after completing my diploma, the grades would automatically be granted. I proceeded to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit thinking my transcript was complete. By the time I received the refusal for my application on August 7th 2013, my study permit had expired a week earlier which lead to my loss of status. My study permit expired while I was waiting for a response on my application.

Got a refusal letter from CIC asking me to restore my status within 90days. I was asked to pay $200 for restoration, $150 for work permit and $125 for study permit= $475 total.

Sent in application online yesterday and hoping to get a quick response.

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
So right now I am in between a study permit and a work permit. Some one should advice me on what to do.

nour609

Sep 7, 2013
I'm in the same situation brother
I applied for my PGWP as i get denied due to failure uploaded my passport copy online clearly!!!
I graduated on 31 july 2013
My Study permit expired on 19 Aug 2013

and now i'm in the processes of doing restoration my status but i don't know if i have to apply for study permit as well along with the application??

let me know if you know the main Idea of applying for study permit with the restoration post graduate work permit?
Thanks

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
I applied for a bridge in extension of my study permit and also applied for restoration of my status and a PGWP. They say one cannot get a PGWP without a valid study permit. So you need to also apply for study permit. I'm still waiting for a response. Its been over one month now and I pray it comes out soon.

nour609

Sep 7, 2013
I'm in the same situation but i didn't apply for study permit,
They asked me in the letter to pay only 200 $ and 150 PGWP
I did apply on 20 of Sept and i'm going to wait
I heard it takes up to 4 to 5 month

keep us update