FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-03-2019
Med's Request
26-03-2019
Hi,

I'm just making an inquiry on behalf of someone else.

They are being sponsored by a Church as refugees in India. The Church submitted their applications in March of 2020. So far no news from CIC or the Church. They do have a UCI number and they can check their status, which simply says in-process for their PR.

Does anyone have a similar situation and know what the general timeline is?

CIC processing time says the average time is 22 months, but is COVID affecting that?

Please let me know if anyone else has experience with New Delhi Visa office specifically for refugees. Any information would be very helpful.

Thank You!

Mudei

Jul 4, 2020
Hey, I have very similar timeline. I am being sponsored under group of five, privately sponsored refugees. which I think may have some similarity. My file is also transferred to New Delhi Visa office.

So far, what i have learned from the forum is, the entire process takes 1.5-2.5 for completion. The processing times displayed on their websites keeps fluctuating, its not reliable, if you check now its says 8 months.

My Timeline:
  • My Sponsors applied in Jan 2020
  • Received Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) on March 2020
  • Received Sponsorship Approval Letter With my "G" number on August 2020.
No updates after this…. If you would like to connect through email am open to it. we can bounce of info regarding our process with New Delhi visa office.

Thanks and regards.

Sparta1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Looks like we all three are in same boat. Applied in Feb 2020, AOR in May 2020 and after that nothing at all...

Mudei

Jul 4, 2020
No but my application is sent to canadian embassy New Dehli
If you are not a refugee in India, I dont understand why they did that but nonetheless welcome to the club. Whats your G number series(hide the last digits for privacy) mine is G00027**** so am guessing yours to be 27 series as well since we applied about the same time.