+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time after AOR

noface

Jul 8, 2016
hi guys,
I had received the AOR for my PR application (under FSW) on 27 Dec 15. BG is still in progress and I understand the referees i had included in the application haven't yet been contacted by CIC. below are my queries:

1. When does CIC usually get in touch with the referees to verify the job profile.
2. When does an application usually gets refused? do they wait till 6moths or more before refusing? is there any notable trend?
3. Right after AOR, CIC also requested for additional police verification, which I had provided by 27th Jan 2016. can this be a possible reason for the delay?
4. Given my application has already crossed the 6month timeline, need some advise on the next steps.

thrissookkaran

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
noface said:
hi guys,
I had received the AOR for my PR application (under FSW) on 27 Dec 15. BG is still in progress and I understand the referees i had included in the application haven't yet been contacted by CIC. below are my queries:

1. When does CIC usually get in touch with the referees to verify the job profile.
2. When does an application usually gets refused? do they wait till 6moths or more before refusing? is there any notable trend?
3. Right after AOR, CIC also requested for additional police verification, which I had provided by 27th Jan 2016. can this be a possible reason for the delay?
4. Given my application has already crossed the 6month timeline, need some advise on the next steps.
Hi,
in most cases, rejections happen in the first few weeks- before 4-6 weeks of AOR.
In many cases, CIC may not contact employers.
You should request gcms notes to make sure that everything is fine.
Some visa offices take more time compared to others- so your case may be just a visa office related issue.
Hope everything will be fine.

All the best.

crbj

May 18, 2016
noface said:
hi guys,

1. They don't usually verify with your employer
2. If your application is incomplete, it takes 4-6 weeks. My application was complete, but received rejection after 6 weeks
3. It shouldn't be the reason for delay
4. Order GCMS notes.

noface

Jul 8, 2016
crbj said:
2. If your application is incomplete, it takes 4-6 weeks. My application was complete, but received rejection after 6 weeks
4. Order GCMS notes.
Thanks. Just ordered the GCMS notes via this link (gcmsnotes.ca/terms)
Got the order confirmation mail saying it will take 30-35 days. does it usually take that long?

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
thrissookkaran said:
Hi,
in most cases, rejections happen in the first few weeks- before 4-6 weeks of AOR.
In many cases, CIC may not contact employers.
You should request gcms notes to make sure that everything is fine.
Some visa offices take more time compared to others- so your case may be just a visa office related issue.
Hope everything will be fine.

All the best.
hello,

Do these statements apply to fsw outland also.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
crbj said:
4. Order GCMS notes.
sorry abt ur rejection, may i know the reason for rejection.

crbj

May 18, 2016
canadianrrk said:
sorry abt ur rejection, may i know the reason for rejection.
My reference letter didn't provide sufficient number of evidence that I worked as my NOC.

crbj

May 18, 2016
noface said:
Thanks. Just ordered the GCMS notes via this link (gcmsnotes.ca/terms)
Got the order confirmation mail saying it will take 30-35 days. does it usually take that long?
Yes. I will receive it in a month. Maybe you will receive your application results then.

Hope your application will be fine.

noface

Jul 8, 2016
crbj said:
My reference letter didn't provide sufficient number of evidence that I worked as my NOC.
HI,
Would you mind elaborating on that? I am suspecting that might be a reason for my delay as well.The reference letter provided by my employer does not fully capture all the points outlined by the NOC description on the CIC website. Also my job title doesnot exactly match with the example titles.
Moreover, under each NOC description, there is a Employment requirement list (i.e Bachelor degrees, masters, certifications). Do we need to meet all those requirement?

BTW, on my application status, Review of Eligibility is still showing as "Review in Progress". How long does that usually take? I assume its completed well before BG? Pls advise

crbj

May 18, 2016
noface said:
HI,
Would you mind elaborating on that? I am suspecting that might be a reason for my delay as well.The reference letter provided by my employer does not fully capture all the points outlined by the NOC description on the CIC website. Also my job title doesnot exactly match with the example titles.
Moreover, under each NOC description, there is a Employment requirement list (i.e Bachelor degrees, masters, certifications). Do we need to meet all those requirement?

BTW, on my application status, Review of Eligibility is still showing as "Review in Progress". How long does that usually take? I assume its completed well before BG? Pls advise
In my case, my NOC is 2173 Software Engineer. My employer only put 'design and develop software' as my duties. In the requirements of reference letter, they only ask to include duties in reference letter, but don't mention how detailed. So I thought the reference letter was OK. BTW, I used the same reference letter for OINP and it caused no problem.

If you suspect that might be the issue, you must take actions right away. You must get an updated reference letter, which includes a list of detailed duties, from your employer. Don't simply copy and paste it from the NOC description on CIC website. Change the words properly and convince CIC that you really performed as your NOC. Once you get your new reference letter, update your documents via CSE ASAP.

Regarding your last two questions, certificates and time-line, you can find answers in other threads. I think it varies.

noface

Jul 8, 2016
crbj said:
In my case, my NOC is 2173 Software Engineer. My employer only put 'design and develop software' as my duties. In the requirements of reference letter, they only ask to include duties in reference letter, but don't mention how detailed. So I thought the reference letter was OK. BTW, I used the same reference letter for OINP and it caused no problem.

If you suspect that might be the issue, you must take actions right away. You must get an updated reference letter, which includes a list of detailed duties, from your employer. Don't simply copy and paste it from the NOC description on CIC website. Change the words properly and convince CIC that you really performed as your NOC. Once you get your new reference letter, update your documents via CSE ASAP.

Regarding your last two questions, certificates and time-line, you can find answers in other threads. I think it varies.

Thanks..that was helpful