+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with question 11 on the Sponsor Questionnaire. Please help!

Arli

Oct 22, 2010
Please I need help.

I have sent the package to Mississauga to sponsor my wife. A month later the package was returned back to me with a set of required supporting documents. The requested supporting docs included: copy of the passport, bank statements, credit card statements, lease agreement, car, house insurance, gas, hydro, electric and phone bills, copies of the health card and driver's license. I have prepared all the documents that I could gather.

However, after reviewing my previously submitted forms I realized that the answer to one of the questions maybe not necessarily correct. It is question number 11 on the Sponsor Questionnaire where they ask "Are you currently living in Canada". I put "Yes", which is 100% true. And then it asks "Since when?" and I put "November 10, 2009". On that day I moved all my belongings from the US, where I resided and worked previously, to Canada. I stayed at my friend's just for a couple of days and then went traveling until April 15, 2010. Since April 15 I started to rent the apartment in Canada. From June 22 to August 9 I went outside of the country again and since then I am continuously residing in Canada. So what date should be the proper answer to question 11? Is it November 10, 2009? April 15, 2010? August 9, 2010?

If my answer was wrong, what should I do? Provide explanation, clarification as to why I chose that date? Replace the form in the application with the corrected one?

Thank you.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Put the date that you moved to Canada (or landed) . . . all they're trying to do is establish that you are maintaining residence in Canada now. Any of the dates you mentioned would be okay - so no need to change the date you entered originally. It sounds like you have plenty of proof that you are permanently residing in Canada now . . . there is no requirement that you be residing in Canada for a specific period of time before you're eligible to sponsor.

Arli

Oct 22, 2010
Thank you for your detailed answer. I will write up a brief explanation regarding my choice.