06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Hi,

Sorry for the long post but I just want to be detailed.

I was advised to resend my photos last month (March 7th) which I did. They received it on March 14th (based on tracking number) but when I called the contact center today, they said that they received it March 28th. I was wondering why it's so different. Although, it might be that there's a delay between actual received date and parcel opening date.

When I called, I listened to the automated status of my application and didn't mention anything about photo problems or additional documents needed. But when I talked to an agent she said that my photo is still not according to specifications.

I am so worried because my trip is coming in 34 days and I might not be able to get my PR card soon. I will be resending photos and include the old photo request letter (already days past the 30 day period from the date of the letter). I will also include a letter of request to expedite my PR card.

I also plan to send 2 sets of photos from different studios just to be sure. I guess this wouldn't be a problem?

I also wish to ask if anyone has sent their photos to the "CPC - Dorchester St" address. When I called, the agent sent me 2 addresses, one was PO Box (the original letter also just has this address) and the other one was this Dorchester St which has a note that I could get a confirmation of receipt if I used this address and to use this address for trackable express mail. Now it confused me more. I don't know if I want to send using the PO box or the other address. The last time, I used the PO Box using registered mail (although their received date was 2 weeks later than the courier date delivered).

The agent said they are working on the photos received March 12th now and they might send me the request when it's my turn (probably end of April). I don't understand if they already know that from the date received, how come they didn't inform sooner and wait until they process it before letting me know. Or could it be that the system hasn't been updated yet and still show that my original photo has issues? I'm still a bit confused about the information from the agent and the information from the system.

I read about the PRTD and it seems like it'll be difficult to apply for one (processing time) as I will be visiting a couple of countries for just a few days each.

Anyone have the same experience and could give me advice? Thank you very much!

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Who will read a post this long. Just ask your question directly and you will find more people willing to help

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
I got photo request on 25 april, 2018 but i could not check the mail for some reasons and missed the deadline. what should I do now ? do i have to pay for the new application. I landed here in toronto on 10th march 2018. Please advice

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
I got photo request on 25 april, 2018 but i could not check the mail for some reasons and missed the deadline. what should I do now ? do i have to pay for the new application. I landed here in toronto on 10th march 2018. Please advice
I don't think they are very strict with the deadline as they take over a month to get to your photo once you've submitted it. I linked my application using the number in the letter and you could see the status there. I suggest you also call contact center to know the status of the application. Also, speak with an agent and ask them if you could still submit photos.

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
I don't think they are very strict with the deadline as they take over a month to get to your photo once you've submitted it. I linked my application using the number in the letter and you could see the status there. I suggest you also call contact center to know the status of the application. Also, speak with an agent and ask them if you could still submit photos.
Thank you very much for replying. on the letter there is 10 digit application no.. R u asking me to use that to link my application with my cic account?

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Yes, you could use that to link your application to your account. Although sometimes you can't link it. I was only able to link it after 3 months from application date. If it doesn't work try calling contact center, they would have an option for you to punch in your application number and you'll hear the status update from the machine. It's available 24/7. The option to press should be 1-1-3, if I remember correctly.

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
I tried that too in the morning but could not able to do so. now ill try to call them now. hope this could work. I did not any idea about the photo request till this morning. Because I got my photo from the VFS in india and they approved the photo in the embassy. So I was just waiting for the card as I had, as an new immigrant, a lot to deal with in these first 3 months. thank you very much for you kind support, it helps

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
Yes, you could use that to link your application to your account. Although sometimes you can't link it. I was only able to link it after 3 months from application date. If it doesn't work try calling contact center, they would have an option for you to punch in your application number and you'll hear the status update from the machine. It's available 24/7. The option to press should be 1-1-3, if I remember correctly.
113 is correct, however i could not able to enter the letter with my iphone so again could not get any update.

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
You don't need to input the letter, just the numbers after it.

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
You don't need to input the letter, just the numbers after it.
It worked. thank you so much. Please answer one more question if possible. I used that no and automatic reply they said they do not need any document and it is under process. what should i do now? even the processing time they are saying is now 111 days. I think call center ppl would be helpful. However, thank you so much once again. Now atleast i can enjoy my sunday

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
It seems like your application didn't get cancelled. Yes, I guess photos don't count as additional documents. They asked for photos 3x from me but additional documents status never changed. They can only ask photos maximum of 3x and they will not ask again even though they find it non-compliant, they have to choose from the 3 sets.