+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with employment history

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Ok this might be a bit of a problem. Sponsorship questionnaire where it asks for all the places you've worked in the past 5 years. I've had a lot of jobs within this 5 years. I pretty much jumped from job to job. Some of them were only like 2 shifts a week and only worked at that place for a couple of months.

Do I have to list those short time employments as well? I honestly don't know how I will be able to remember them and some of them might be out of business now?

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
I'd say to list all the ones you can remember. That way there aren't any gaps, especially if you held several short-term jobs back to back.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Write as much info about each job as you can. Make sure there are no time gaps. I would only completely omit a job if it was 'without papers' - i.e., if the government didn't know about it, you got no pay slips, and didn't declare the income for taxes. Even then, I would include the job if it lasted for a while.
Then if there is some info you don't remember and can't find out, just include a note explaining that.

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
canadianwoman said:
Write as much info about each job as you can. Make sure there are no time gaps. I would only completely omit a job if it was 'without papers' - i.e., if the government didn't know about it, you got no pay slips, and didn't declare the income for taxes. Even then, I would include the job if it lasted for a while.
Then if there is some info you don't remember and can't find out, just include a note explaining that.
There were also several time periods within the 5 years that I was jobless due to going to school and travelling. I will explain that but would that effect me badly in any way?

The part where you said 'completely omit a job if it was without papers'. This particular job I had lasted maybe 2 months, only twice a week, and I did not send it the tax forms that I should have. After I quit the job, the boss at the place was asking me for it but I was in another country at the time for a several months and ended up completely forgetting about it by the time I came back to Canada. And as much as I regret this I jumped around from job to job a LOT during this 5 years. Would that make me look bad?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
No. Basically the visa officer won't care - either that you had many jobs or that you were sometimes unemployed. It would only be an issue if he/she thought that you couldn't support yourself and your spouse.

I would list any job I had. Except jobs like babysitting or dogwalking or something like that where the job is temporary, part-time, 'under the table', and the government doesn't know about it.

When you were traveling, just list the time period and state you were traveling in xyz. For unemployment, just state the time period and say you were unemployed.

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
What if there were time gaps, there might have been a few months period where I wasn't doing anything ::)

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
dream99 said:
What if there were time gaps, there might have been a few months period where I wasn't doing anything ::)
no gaps means all months must be accounted for. write no work or anything for those periods

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
dream99 said:
If there are time gaps in the history you provide, the visa officer will send it back asking you to complete it. You have to account for what you were doing, with no gaps. If you were doing nothing, just write the time period and 'unemployed'. Or whatever it was that you were doing, such as traveling, or being a housewife, etc.