+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with barcodes on IMM0008

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi all,

So when I validate the Generic Application (0008), the barcodes will generate fine, but as soon as I go to the print window (either Ctrl+P or File>Print) the barcodes will be replaced with grey boxes. The grey boxes will be present in the print preview window, and they print like that too, rather than the barcodes.
I've triple-checked the information I entered (though tbh if that was wrong, barcodes shouldn't appear in the first place, right?)

I am using a Win7 machine, printing to a Ricoh MP C3004 (if that helps). This has happened on both Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Reader X

Help is much appreciated, thanks.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi all,

So when I validate the Generic Application (0008), the barcodes will generate fine, but as soon as I go to the print window (either Ctrl+P or File>Print) the barcodes will be replaced with grey boxes. The grey boxes will be present in the print preview window, and they print like that too, rather than the barcodes.
I've triple-checked the information I entered (though tbh if that was wrong, barcodes shouldn't appear in the first place, right?)

I am using a Win7 machine, printing to a Ricoh MP C3004 (if that helps). This has happened on both Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Reader X

Help is much appreciated, thanks.
Did you 'save' the validated form, or go straight to the print function? Try saving the file, then re-open and print (just an idea - no guarantees).

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Did you 'save' the validated form, or go straight to the print function? Try saving the file, then re-open and print (just an idea - no guarantees).
Nah no luck. I can't save them anyway - tried to save a blank copy of the validated form but it removes the barcodes.

It's weird, the instant I hit the print icon, bam, greyed barcodes.

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
UPDATE: It's "sort of" fixed. I say sort of because I just ended up using a different PDF program (Nuance PowerPDF). Alas if anyone else has this problem it may not be a fix, as I'm pretty sure you gotta pay for power pdf (I got mine through work)

Anyway, seems to be working, got a nice barcode sheet!

Thalison

Jul 9, 2020
I am having the same problem! I don’t know what to do! I have tried on windows and Mac, downloaded the last version of PDF, but I am still having grey boxes!