+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Insurance Advise needed urgently

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hi all,

Although I'm covered with OIHP, may I know from where I can buy private insurance (not covered under OIHP)?

I'm a newcomer and still not employed, so I'm looking to buy insurance as an individual.

Which are the best private insurance companies?

Also, is it possible to get coverage for maternity - hospital stay - semi or full room - not covered by OIHP?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

Although I'm covered with OIHP, may I know from where I can buy private insurance (not covered under OIHP)?

I'm a newcomer and still not employed, so I'm looking to buy insurance as an individual.

Which are the best private insurance companies?

Also, is it possible to get coverage for maternity - hospital stay - semi or full room - not covered by OIHP?

Thanks
Most private insurance policies that you can purchase will provide very little coverage and a very high deductible. Most people who do not have access to a policy through work end up paying out of pocket because they realize they will likely still have to pay for the services and a monthly policy cost. If your wife is already pregnant you would likely not qualify for coverage of a private room. Believe the cost for a private room is between $500-1k depending on the province and hospital.

Reactions: marketstudent1