+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary applicants proof of funds

Rayansaif

Oct 26, 2017
Hi All,
My wife is going to apply for Express Entry as the primary applicant along with me as the dependent. Probability of getting accepted with her application is higher as she has a masters degree and also better IELTS resutls. I have the below queries and would really appreciate forums help:

1. If my wife shows financial solvency fully with my banking solvency and savings certificates under my name, will that be acceptable for her? Or financial solvency should be shown through her banking accounts only?

2. Is it wise to apply after 3/4months of keeping the required amount in the bank? Or we can apply now with the amount I have recently inserted in my bank account?

Thanks in Advance.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
There is no need to worry. You and your wife can both show your individual savings (Fixed Deposits, Cash, Provident Fund)

Do make sure that FD should be atleast 6 months old and your cash statements should also maintain the stated balance for atleast 6 months. In case your account balance is low and suddenly it gets a huge deposit add a justification for that as well and keep it for 5-6 months minimum and dont touch it till you get your PPR.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Same scenario for me when we processed.

You may show what ever funds available in your wife's name and what ever available in your name, if you are also travelling with her. This should be OK.

Since you can show the above, no need to wait for balance. Also I have never showed 6 months or 4 months history when i submitted PoF.

jsahni

Apr 6, 2018
Hi, I have the same question but with a twist. We have received our ITA with my wife as primary applicant and me as secondary one. Now for submitting proof of funds, since my wife doesn't have sufficient balance in her account but I have the required amount. How should we go about this?
1) Should we submit the bank certification letters for both of us irrespective of the above fact?
2) Should I transfer money to my wife in one shot since she is the PA. But her average balance condition will not be fulfilled.
3) Or should we decline our ITA and submit it again once we have proper average balance in my wife's account.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi, I have the same question but with a twist. We have received our ITA with my wife as primary applicant and me as secondary one. Now for submitting proof of funds, since my wife doesn't have sufficient balance in her account but I have the required amount. How should we go about this?
1) Should we submit the bank certification letters for both of us irrespective of the above fact?
2) Should I transfer money to my wife in one shot since she is the PA. But her average balance condition will not be fulfilled.
3) Or should we decline our ITA and submit it again once we have proper average balance in my wife's account.
Since you are accompanying her, it is mandatory for you to submit your bank account details as well.

I recommend that you submit both your details and provide a simple letter of authorisation that says your wife can use the funds in your account towards settlement in Canada as needed and you have no objection to the same.

The funds don't have to be maintained for 6 months but the 6 month statement or average balance is needed to show that you have not taken a loan or borrowed the settlement money.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
i have submitted some amount in my spouse name and some in my name. They are not bothered whether its in whose name as you are travelling together as family and we are declaring POF not for individual, its for family only.