+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prescription medicines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello forum members! I would like to ask another question, do I need to declare over the counter or my hormones on bsf 186 form?
What kind or hormones? Things like birth control, thyroid medication, HRT for menopause usually travels with you in your luggage and you can only bring a 3 month supply. They don’t need to be declared in your personal goods. If you have other forms of steroids they may not be legal in Canada.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
What kind or hormones? Things like birth control, thyroid medication, HRT for menopause usually travels with you in your luggage and you can only bring a 3 month supply. They don’t need to be declared in your personal goods. If you have other forms of steroids they may not be legal in Canada.
It’s progesterone. It’s a bit similar to birth control. Thank u kindly for your reply! Won’t declare my medicines than.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s progesterone. It’s a bit similar to birth control. Thank u kindly for your reply! Won’t declare my medicines than.
Progesterone only birth control pills exist. Also can be used for other things. Small dose progesterone should be fine but only a 3 monnth supply. If it is OCP you can get away with 3 full packages plus whatever you have left in the partially used one. Nobody is crazy enough to make people cut up a pack of OCP to count out exactly 3 months.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Progesterone only birth control pills exist. Also can be used for other things. Small dose progesterone should be fine but only a 3 monnth supply. If it is OCP you can get away with 3 full packages plus whatever you have left in the partially used one. Nobody is crazy enough to make people cut up a pack of OCP to count out exactly 3 months.
In my country almost 99% of pills is over the counter medication, so sometimes not easy to define what is allowed and what I need to see doctor for... The name of my pill is duphaston, it’s sold over the counter in Ukraine, but I read probably need to see doctor in Canada to take it. I will follow your advice and will take only 3 months supply for it! Thank you one more time for your help and have a good day!!! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In my country almost 99% of pills is over the counter medication, so sometimes not easy to define what is allowed and what I need to see doctor for... The name of my pill is duphaston, it’s sold over the counter in Ukraine, but I read probably need to see doctor in Canada to take it. I will follow your advice and will take only 3 months supply for it! Thank you one more time for your help and have a good day!!! :)
Declare your medicines. It doesn't matter if they are over the counter in your country. What matters is how they are regulated in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
90 day supply is what you are legally allowed to bring with you. You can look up to see if your medications are legal in Canada. CBSA will look them up to make sure.

Reactions: YVR123

Victory30

Nov 24, 2021
Hello,
Anyone’s response would be much appreciated.
My brother is coming to Canada on a study visa for Jan 22. He was diagnosed by TB 2 months ago. However his visa was approved before the disease been diagnosed. He had the treatment and was recommended for medication for 6 months. He recently got check up and by the grace of God, he has recovered upto 70% within 2 months. But my concern is can he bring the TB medicine to Canada along with him? If yes, for how long timespan? Please help me. We are worried about him carrying the medicine for TB.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Anyone’s response would be much appreciated.
My brother is coming to Canada on a study visa for Jan 22. He was diagnosed by TB 2 months ago. However his visa was approved before the disease been diagnosed. He had the treatment and was recommended for medication for 6 months. He recently got check up and by the grace of God, he has recovered upto 70% within 2 months. But my concern is can he bring the TB medicine to Canada along with him? If yes, for how long timespan? Please help me. We are worried about him carrying the medicine for TB.
He MUST advise Canada that he contracted TB. You are required to advise of any health changes. He should not be entering Canada until after his treatment is finished. Canada takes TB very seriously and tries everything they can to not have people entering Canada while still infected. Would add that he can be denied entry to Canada of it is discovered he is being treated for TB and didn’t let IRCC know.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

Victory30

Nov 24, 2021
He MUST advise Canada that he contracted TB. You are required to advise of any health changes. He should not be entering Canada until after his treatment is finished. Canada takes TB very seriously and tries everything they can to not have people entering Canada while still infected. Would add that he can be denied entry to Canada of it is discovered he is being treated for TB and didn’t let IRCC know.
Thanks for your response.