+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnant tfw, needs help. please and thanks

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Hello... I am a temporary foreign worker married to a canadian. I am pregnant and my health card/work permit will expire before my due date. What is the best thing to do to lessen the hospital bill. I heard if you don't have health card and you are giving birth here in Alberta it will cost 5000 canadian dollars. And we just applied for my spousal sponsorship and it takes 18-19 months.
any advice, comments, opinions will be appreciated... thank u.

nilyam

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
nilyam said:
Hello... I am a temporary foreign worker married to a canadian. I am pregnant and my health card/work permit will expire before my due date. What is the best thing to do to lessen the hospital bill. I heard if you don't have health card and you are giving birth here in Alberta it will cost 5000 canadian dollars. And we just applied for my spousal sponsorship and it takes 18-19 months.
any advice, comments, opinions will be appreciated... thank u.

nilyam
When is it expiring and when is your due date? Reason I ask is that in Alberta it can be extended for at least 90 days after it expires. You have to call Alberta Health and have it extended. If you are giving birth after the 90 days extension then yes you need at least 5,000 CND, it ranges though and can reach as high as 10,000 if it's a c-section. You can also try to use a midwife, they are cheaper than doctors.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
thanks for the reply lovely20. My due date is on November 7 this year, and my permit will expire on October 18.