+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant teenager going to canada

Sunako Kim

Mar 27, 2018
Hi, i have a question.

I am going to be 18 years old this 2018 and i got pregnant . We are applying for permanent residence to canada and we are just waiting for our visa to arrive.

Will my pregnancy affect our application?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Mostly it won't. You need to take care off few things:

1. Timings of Medical: X-ray is part of medical. Few pregnant women defer X-ray till baby is born while others' take X-ray. We decided to take it and our baby was born just fine. Best time to take X-ray is in 2nd trimester and wear lead apron during X-ray.

2. Timings of delivery: If Baby is born before landing then you have to get him/her added to the application before landing. If baby is born after landing then you will need visa ( unless baby is born in Canada or is a citizen of visa-exempt country) for her otherwise he/she won't be able to travel with you. Our baby was born in USA after soft landing and will accompany with us to Canada on visitor visa.

Reactions: Sunako Kim

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i have a question.

I am going to be 18 years old this 2018 and i got pregnant . We are applying for permanent residence to canada and we are just waiting for our visa to arrive.

Will my pregnancy affect our application?
Are you a dependent in your parents' application? Or are you immigrating with your spouse / common law partner?

Sunako Kim

Mar 27, 2018
Mostly it won't. You need to take care off few things:

1. Timings of Medical: X-ray is part of medical. Few pregnant women defer X-ray till baby is born while others' take X-ray. We decided to take it and our baby was born just fine. Best time to take X-ray is in 2nd trimester and wear lead apron during X-ray.

2. Timings of delivery: If Baby is born before landing then you have to get him/her added to the application before landing. If baby is born after landing then you will need visa ( unless baby is born in Canada or is a citizen of visa-exempt country) for her otherwise he/she won't be able to travel with you. Our baby was born in USA after soft landing and will accompany with us to Canada on visitor visa.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure how far along you are in your pregnancy but depending on where you are landing it could take 3 months to be covered by health insurance in Canada.

Sunako Kim

Mar 27, 2018
Not sure how far along you are in your pregnancy but depending on where you are landing it could take 3 months to be covered by health insurance in Canada.
Oh is that so...
How long does it take to get my visa after the medical? I am 3 months pregnant

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh is that so...
What stream are you using to immigrate?
For some medicals are one of the last steps while for others medicals are the first that are checked.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Oh is that so...
Did you already take the medical exam?

As mentioned, many applicants or their doctors don't like taking the x-ray portion of medical until after baby is born. If you choose this route, it will delay processing of PR app for everyone at least until after your delivery.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Sunako Kim

Mar 27, 2018
Did you already take the medical exam?

As mentioned, many applicants or their doctors don't like taking the x-ray portion of medical until after baby is born. If you choose this route, it will delay processing of PR app for everyone at least until after your delivery.
Will they make me choose to have xray or not? Or they will be the one to decide?