+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant PR resident who cannot deliver baby in Canada

rominagonz

Mar 5, 2009
My husband, 3 year-old daughter and I got our PR last Oct 2008. After receiving our PR card we flew back to the Philippines to finish off all contracts, duties, etc and we were planning to go right back. After the New Year, I found out that I was pregnant and was put on bed rest by my doctor. I am four months pregnant now and I am still bed ridden because of complications. My doctor hasn't cleared me to travel abroad until my pregnancy reaches a safer condition. Hopefully this will change and I can leave next month (end April) to apply for my health card (three months minimum since my due date is end August) so that my delivery can be covered by the health care system as well.

BUT, IF THINGS DON'T CHANGE and my pregnancy remains delicate and I have to deliver the baby here in the Philippines...
1. What is the process for the baby to get the same PR as the rest of us? what steps do I have to take to make him/her a permanent resident?
2. Do I have to inform the embassy in the Philippines about my pregnancy as early as now since we are out of Canada?
3. AFter my delivery, what visa does the baby need to go with us back to Canada?

Hoping for answers...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to sponsor the baby for PR. As a PR, you can not make a sponsorship application from outside Canada so you have two options, 1. you or husband would go to Canada and sponsor the baby and the other one arrives with the baby when the baby gets PR, 2. apply for a TRP for the baby at the embassy so you can go to Canada as a family and sponsor the baby after you arrive.