+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy coverage

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hi, I am in a situation that me and my wife are staying in Ontario since 2 years and have OHIP. Recently we both got a job in montreal and both are working from home i.e from ontario. Now will ohip will cover the costs? Or do i need to move to montreal and apply for RAMQ? Also are we eligible for EI while maternity leaves from Ontario or Quebec? Please suggest.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am in a situation that me and my wife are staying in Ontario since 2 years and have OHIP. Recently we both got a job in montreal and both are working from home i.e from ontario. Now will ohip will cover the costs? Or do i need to move to montreal and apply for RAMQ? Also are we eligible for EI while maternity leaves from Ontario or Quebec? Please suggest.
We need more information about what type of WPs you both have and whether a location is specified?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We both have open work permits
You both will still qualify for OHIP and will file taxes as residents of Ontario even if you are employed by a Quebec company. A whether your spouse qualifies for EI will depend on when her WP expires. You will apply for federal EI program.