01-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2015 (received 06-01-2016)
LANDED..........
10-01-2016 (received PR card 22-02-2016)
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife want to have a baby. I wonder what would happen if she gets pregnant and the immigration require us to do the medical exam (pregnant women should not perform xrays)? Will my application process get postponed? How long are they willing to postpone it?

Also, what do they perform on the exam? Is there anything related to taking off clothes?

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
mahendraaaaa said:
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife want to have a baby. I wonder what would happen if she gets pregnant and the immigration require us to do the medical exam (pregnant women should not perform xrays)? Will my application process get postponed? How long are they willing to postpone it?

Also, what do they perform on the exam? Is there anything related to taking off clothes?
It is postponed until the baby born. Just don't take such a risk.

HarrySingh

Jan 2, 2013
medical will be delayed until baby is born. Also consider you have to include baby on your file that will cause further delay.

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
mahendraaaaa said:
Hi everyone,

What is your timeline?
The Medicals are valid for 12 months.
Maybe you want to get the upfront medicals done now before trying for the baby.
It's not worth holding up important life events because of this.

maniayyappan

Mar 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
AOR Received.
02-October-2014
Med's Request
02-April-2015
Med's Done....
14-April-2015 for self and 12-July-2015 for wife due to pregnancy
Passport Req..
14-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-July-2015
LANDED..........
12-August-2015, PR Cards Received on 01 Oct 2015
mahendraaaaa said:
Hi everyone,

rohit04 said:
What is your timeline?
The Medicals are valid for 12 months.
Maybe you want to get the upfront medicals done now before trying for the baby.
It's not worth holding up important life events because of this.
Hi Mahendraa..

Luckily I didnot have a delay in process even though Xray was delayed. It could be different for each case. I just want to share my experience with you. It could be based on where you are located and how far you are in pregnancy when medicals are requested.

Are you in Canada or outside of Canada ? My wife was 7 months pregnant when we received medicals request. We are in Canada. So we completed all medical tests except XRay for my wife. We informed CIC the expected date of delivery. CIC gave us 30 days to complete XRay for my wife from the expected delivery date.

I followed up with Immigration doctor if our medical files were submitted. He said mine was submitted but my wife file couldn't be submitted until after XRay is uploaded. We completed XRay 10 days after the baby is born. We received the Passport request in the same week when our doctor confirmed that my wife's medical file was submitted.

I was worried the process will delay my PR process but no it did not; however, my son was born in Canada. I think it will make difference if you are in Canada or outside of Canada when baby is born.

Upfront medical exam is a great idea. And We didnt take risk but they have some lead shield to take xray for pregnant women. Its up to you, doctor and xray facility if you want to take xray during pregnancy.

Like I told, each case could be different. I am just sharing my experience.

Reactions: sebishh

jaycool

Aug 6, 2015
I have same problem. My wife has three months pregnancy. She took the Medical exam last week, but the doctor refuesd to do the XRay.We found the doctor who can do the XRay, but the original doctor did not close her file; therefore she can not do any XRay right now. What I can do in this situation. Can I send a requirement to the original clinic to close her file and do the XRay?

mahendraaaaa

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
Med's Request
01-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2015 (received 06-01-2016)
LANDED..........
10-01-2016 (received PR card 22-02-2016)
Thank you everyone and maniayyappan who shared his personal experience.

I agree that having a baby is more important than anything, therefore we finally went for upfront medical exam.

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
Hi everyone. I got ITA last november , however, it was rejected due to some missing docs. My upfront medical was done in october. The rejection letter says that the medical is valid for 12 months.

Yesterday I received ITA again.
Also I am pregnant now. Do I need to take the exam again or the same report can be uploaded on the system.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Hi everyone. I want to apply for CEC in next 2 months as the main applicant, but recently we found that my wife is pregnant, and I know that IRCC will hold our application until she can go under xray for medical exam. But do you know after her delivery, it is going to be the first day of our application process, or IRCC will start processing our application very first day, or will stop until next 8 months and after her medical is done? I ask this for delays in PR process. I appreciate it if any one can help me in this.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I want to apply for CEC in next 2 months as the main applicant, but recently we found that my wife is pregnant, and I know that IRCC will hold our application until she can go under xray for medical exam. But do you know after her delivery, it is going to be the first day of our application process, or IRCC will start processing our application very first day, or will stop until next 8 months and after her medical is done? I ask this for delays in PR process. I appreciate it if any one can help me in this.
Your application must include a complete exam, they won't waive the requirement for an XRAY. Yes, your application will certainly be delayed.

From IRCC:

"No. You still need to have a medical exam even if you're pregnant. However, some parts of the exam may be postponed until after you give birth. In that case, your application will be assessed only after all mandatory medical requirements are met. "

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Your application must include a complete exam, they won't waive the requirement for an XRAY. Yes, your application will certainly be delayed.

From IRCC:

"No. You still need to have a medical exam even if you're pregnant. However, some parts of the exam may be postponed until after you give birth. In that case, your application will be assessed only after all mandatory medical requirements are met. "
Thanks for your response. It would be very important for me to know that if they are gonna put the entire application on hold and start processing my app exactly after her xray is done, or while we are waiting for her delivery in next 7 months, they will review our eligibility and the rest of the documents we uploaded like our work experience, police certificates, etc.
Also, do you know if we need a medical test for a baby, who born in Canada as well? In total what kind of docs I have to prepare for this new family member in Canada? I really appreciate your time.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for your response. It would be very important for me to know that if they are gonna put the entire application on hold and start processing my app exactly after her xray is done, or while we are waiting for her delivery in next 7 months, they will review our eligibility and the rest of the documents we uploaded like our work experience, police certificates, etc.
Also, do you know if we need a medical test for a baby, who born in Canada as well? In total what kind of docs I have to prepare for this new family member in Canada? I really appreciate your time.
It clearly says there that they will only start assessing the application once all the required documents are received, hence that'd be once a full medical exam can be submitted after delivery. It doesn't make sense for them to start assessing everything else if they haven't received a full medical exam since medicals are actually one of the first things they assess. This simply means your application will take much longer than usual, I'd say 1-1½ years if not more.

Regarding the baby, who will be Canadian there is nothing you need to provide. Other than update IRCC on the baby being born and maybe throw a copy of the birth certificate. Since the baby is Canadian you won't need to include him/her in the application for PR, wouldn't make sense.