+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR with Crimal offence

Missykiki

Jan 13, 2020
Hi,
My husband and I decided to apply for a PR to Canada, however a few months back he told me that he was caught with shoplifting when he was Studying /working in Toronto, in the year 2009, charged with theft below 5000, had to do some community service. He left the Country after that due to personal reasons. Recently he contacted pardons Canada and got to know that the charges were dropped in the year 2009-2010. But he would have to get his fingerprints destroyed now . That would take around 12-16 months, its been just 2 months since the application. We cannot wait that long as we are already losing points and have to apply via Pnp. Is it possible to get a PR with the fingerprints still on record? Or are there chances that they could decline our application. He really regrets doing it and it's not like I let him forget what he's done( I'm horribly embarrassed by such an act). Just to add, the item he tried shoplifting were clothes.

HolyMoin

Jan 18, 2020
Brampton, ON
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Hi,
My husband and I decided to apply for a PR to Canada, however a few months back he told me that he was caught with shoplifting when he was Studying /working in Toronto, in the year 2009, charged with theft below 5000, had to do some community service. He left the Country after that due to personal reasons. Recently he contacted pardons Canada and got to know that the charges were dropped in the year 2009-2010. But he would have to get his fingerprints destroyed now . That would take around 12-16 months, its been just 2 months since the application. We cannot wait that long as we are already losing points and have to apply via Pnp. Is it possible to get a PR with the fingerprints still on record? Or are there chances that they could decline our application. He really regrets doing it and it's not like I let him forget what he's done( I'm horribly embarrassed by such an act). Just to add, the item he tried shoplifting were clothes.
If he is given pardon, then there is no problem while applying for the PR and giving fingerprints, but I suggest you speak to a good lawyer, he/she will assist you and brief you professionally, Good Luck!

Reactions: Missykiki