+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR with common law partner

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Not sure if it is the right topic to post this. I am french and want to send my PR application in Paris in few months and was wondering something. I would like to included my partner who is from Taiwan in my application. I know I can send it to Paris but what about him? Will they process the whole file in Paris or will they send it to China? Should we fill papers in english or translate them into French?

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
duarca said:
Hi guys,

Not sure if it is the right topic to post this. I am french and want to send my PR application in Paris in few months and was wondering something. I would like to included my partner who is from Taiwan in my application. I know I can send it to Paris but what about him? Will they process the whole file in Paris or will they send it to China? Should we fill papers in english or translate them into French?

Thanks
As long as you've lived together 12 consecutive months, then you can add partner as common-law partner in your existing application. If your app is being processed at Paris visa officer, then that is where your partner will be processed as well. He will have to do medical and police checks.

Either english or french is fine. Any documents not in english/french must be translated to either language.

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh sweet, thank you for your prompt answer! I also heard it will take longer to process than if I ask just for myself, is that correct? Do we need to go to Paris at some point? I heard they can ask for interview but can be choose a closer office or will it be Paris?