+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR under Noc 1221 without a degree

StoneFam12

Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,

My husband has worked as an administrative assistant for 12 years at a London university. Neither myself nor my husband have a degree. We would like to apply for PR under NOC code 1221. His duties match perfectly with the ones listed on the canada gov site, however I was wondering what the likelyhood of us being granted PR would be without a degree?

Many thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

My husband has worked as an administrative assistant for 12 years at a London university. Neither myself nor my husband have a degree. We would like to apply for PR under NOC code 1221. His duties match perfectly with the ones listed on the canada gov site, however I was wondering what the likelyhood of us being granted PR would be without a degree?

Many thanks!
It will be more difficult without higher education. You most likely won't have enough points to be selected through Express Entry. However you can calculate your points to confirm. Right now you need to have 460+ points to be picked out of the pool.

Assuming Express Entry is not an option, you will need to dedicate time to researching the Provincial Nomination Programs to see if you potentially qualify through any of those. Note that some (e.g. Ontario program) require you to have a bachelor degree at a minimum.

Reactions: StoneFam12

StoneFam12

Aug 1, 2019
It will be more difficult without higher education. You most likely won't have enough points to be selected through Express Entry. However you can calculate your points to confirm. Right now you need to have 460+ points to be picked out of the pool.

Assuming Express Entry is not an option, you will need to dedicate time to researching the Provincial Nomination Programs to see if you potentially qualify through any of those. Note that some (e.g. Ontario program) require you to have a bachelor degree at a minimum.

Thank you!

Zfam

Jul 4, 2020
Hi all,

Many thanks!
Hi, i know this question was asked many months ago and im in the same situation here in London, just wondering did you guys got through in the end? Thanks.