+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR travel document Buffalo

shabbir9

Dec 13, 2011
Hi there,

I became a permanent resident last month on Nov. 13, 2011. I have not received my PR card yet and I'm travelling to Pakistan on Dec. 28th, 2011 and returning on Jan. 11th, 2011. I have been informed that in order to return back to Canada by flight I need to apply PR travel document if I don't receive PR card before I travel. I have a few questions regarding to this issue.

[1] The immigration officer at the border told me that I can apply travel document in Buffalo, but in CIC website it indicates that travel document is only issued one-time entry. If I drive to Buffalo, can I use my landing paper to enter Canada and use that one-time entry travel document until Jan. 11th when I fly back to Canada?

[2] Do they offer one-day process time in Buffalo for PR travel document?

Thanks!!!

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shabbir9 said:
[1] The immigration officer at the border told me that I can apply travel document in Buffalo, but in CIC website it indicates that travel document is only issued one-time entry. If I drive to Buffalo, can I use my landing paper to enter Canada and use that one-time entry travel document until Jan. 11th when I fly back to Canada?
I am not sure they will allow you do this... but it depends on who you meet at the Border.

shabbir9 said:
[2] Do they offer one-day process time in Buffalo for PR travel document?
J1visa said:
If you apply in person, you can have travel documnet in less than 1 week.
See this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36832.0.html

Why not a TD from Pakistan?

shabbir9

Dec 13, 2011
I don't have enough time to apply from Pakistan. I'm only going for a week to Karachi. I just booked my tickets to go to Seattle to apply for PRTD which is issued same day but now I'm in a new problem. The website says PRTD is only issued for single entry. WIll they issue me 2 PRTDs? 1 for return from Seattle, and 1 for return from Pakistan? Please help!

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shabbir9 said:
I don't have enough time to apply from Pakistan. I'm only going for a week to Karachi. I just booked my tickets to go to Seattle to apply for PRTD which is issued same day but now I'm in a new problem. The website says PRTD is only issued for single entry. WIll they issue me 2 PRTDs? 1 for return from Seattle, and 1 for return from Pakistan? Please help!
but from your previous post, you knew TD is issued for single entry. Anyways it's a tough situation and these are your options:

1. Travel to Pakistan and wait until you get a TD before you return.
2. Get your TD from Seattle and leave to Pakistan from there.
3. Explain to the consular officer in Seattle and ask him to give you two entries.
4. Use your expired PR card to come into Canada (maybe by road in a private) and don't show your passport.

3 & 4 seems dicey though... but those are the options you have in my opinion.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Alabaman said:
but from your previous post, you knew TD is issued for single entry. Anyways it's a tough situation and these are your options:

1. Travel to Pakistan and wait until you get a TD before you return.
2. Get your TD from Seattle and leave to Pakistan from there.
3. Explain to the consular officer in Seattle and ask him to give you two entries.
4. Use your expired PR card to come into Canada (maybe by road in a private) and don't show your passport.

3 & 4 seems dicey though... but those are the options you have in my opinion.
4. Is not possible since the OP is a new PR landed last month.