+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR TD Permanent Resident Travel Document Application Refused for not meeting Residency Obligations

Hailey01

Nov 20, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I would like to post this message to find out if anyone has any experience or advice on what options there are if the PR TD application is refused. I tried to read posts here on similar actions. Also read some posts state to renounce voluntarily the PR status and then try to apply again for PR Status. I am a little bit confused now.

I have not met the residency obligations and that's why my PR TD was refused. The end of the letter says "your failure to comply with the residency obligation under section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act renders you inadmissible to Canada, as set out in section 41(b) of the Act".

The letter states that I have the right to appeal but I don't have any H&C grounds. I was studying outside Canada and didn't meet the residency obligations. I am not sure I should even appeal as I don't have any H&C reasons.

Do I need to voluntarily give up then the PR status or does this refusal mean I automatically lost the status? Is there any chance to re-apply for PR Status again or my name will be flagged and even if I apply, I will be refused automatically.

Did anyone have any similar experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I would like to post this message to find out if anyone has any experience or advice on what options there are if the PR TD application is refused. I tried to read posts here on similar actions. Also read some posts state to renounce voluntarily the PR status and then try to apply again for PR Status. I am a little bit confused now.

I have not met the residency obligations and that's why my PR TD was refused. The end of the letter says "your failure to comply with the residency obligation under section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act renders you inadmissible to Canada, as set out in section 41(b) of the Act".

The letter states that I have the right to appeal but I don't have any H&C grounds. I was studying outside Canada and didn't meet the residency obligations. I am not sure I should even appeal as I don't have any H&C reasons.

Do I need to voluntarily give up then the PR status or does this refusal mean I automatically lost the status? Is there any chance to re-apply for PR Status again or my name will be flagged and even if I apply, I will be refused automatically.

Did anyone have any similar experience?
You will automatically lose your status if you don't appeal.

Yes, you can certainly apply for PR again. Your name will not be flagged.

Hailey01

Nov 20, 2020
You will automatically lose your status if you don't appeal.

Yes, you can certainly apply for PR again. Your name will not be flagged.
Hello Scylla!

Thank you for reading my post and sending me the answer. Right, I will automatically lose the status within 60 days then. I have a question, perhaps you know the answer for that. How do I find out that I lost the status? I mean, how do I know when I can re-apply again? There's no way I can contact IRCC and try to avoid waiting for another 60 days until reapplying again. Is there any way to let them know that I am aware of not meeting the RO and I agree with the refusal decision and wouldn't like to appeal, however, instead, I would like to apply again for PR.

As PR application process takes quite a long time, I think I should start the reapplying process as soon as I can, in order to be able to see either an approval or a refusal again.

Is there any point sending in the Voluntarily renounce document to avoid the 60 days and somehow make this faster and not wait for 60 days? Do you know?