+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR staying outside of Canada

immanuel

Nov 3, 2009
Hi
I became a PR of Canada on July 2007 and only entered for a very short time to get landed, I've not been back since and I do plan to return to take up residency, before my 1095 days are up. However my concern is that once I'm within my allotted time can I enter without any problems, even though I've not been in the country since August 2007, for just one week?. The reason that I'm a little concern is that even though my PR documents were quite straightforward about the 730 days in five years to retain your status, I always hear Residents who pro-rate their time by being in and out of the country, say that they are questioned on their time in the country. Also my 1095 days would expire at july 2010, when is a safe time to take up residency before that time and shall I be concern at all, once I dispose of all my remaining assets and enter within time.

PS: I left the Canada by Train via the USA to return to my country of origin and got my PR card overseas, so I 've not entered Canada yet with my card. Does this have any bearing at all on my situation.

Thanks in advance.

Immanuel

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you still have a chance to make your 730 days in Canada before your first 5 years as a PR are up, they can not deny you entry.