+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr status requirements

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
My husband got his pr in july 2018. He came in july 2018 for 2 weeks (14 days) than he left. Later he came back in dec 2018 for another 2 weeks (14 days). So in total he has 28 days in canada. Later I went to india to visit him in feb 2019 for est 4 months. (Est 120 days). I canadian citizen, does that count towards his pr requirements?? Later my daughter also went to visit him who is canadian citizen for 30 days. ( wondering if that would count towards his pr status?)
My another question is, he plans to come to canada on April or may 2020. Would he be stopped or his pr be in trouble??
If he ever goes back to india now, one of us will be going with him...
I just gave birth to another daughter of ours who is also canadian citizen., so he is coming for us.
Most likely he will be staying but If anything changes than we will be going with him.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My husband got his pr in july 2018. He came in july 2018 for 2 weeks (14 days) than he left. Later he came back in dec 2018 for another 2 weeks (14 days). So in total he has 28 days in canada. Later I went to india to visit him in feb 2019 for est 4 months. (Est 120 days). I canadian citizen, does that count towards his pr requirements?? Later my daughter also went to visit him who is canadian citizen for 30 days. ( wondering if that would count towards his pr status?)
My another question is, he plans to come to canada on April or may 2020. Would he be stopped or his pr be in trouble??
If he ever goes back to india now, one of us will be going with him...
I just gave birth to another daughter of ours who is also canadian citizen., so he is coming for us.
Most likely he will be staying but If anything changes than we will be going with him.
Your days with him outside Canada do not count towards his PR days. When he enters again in 2020 he may be asked questions for his continued long stays outside of Canada but unlikely that he won't be allowed to enter. He needs 730 days in Canada in a 5 year period to keep his PR. So when he enters in 2020 and if he stays he can fulfill the requirement.

He needs to seriously think about how he is planning to keep his PR.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Your days with him outside Canada do not count towards his PR days. When he enters again in 2020 he may be asked questions for his continued long stays outside of Canada but unlikely that he won't be allowed to enter. He needs 730 days in Canada in a 5 year period to keep his PR. So when he enters in 2020 and if he stays he can fulfill the requirement.

He needs to seriously think about how he is planning to keep his PR.

On cic says accompanying canadian spouse or child counts toward pr ... in what circumstances does that apply