+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Residency Obligation

Bethel7

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Hello,
In September 2009 I landed and obtained my PR. Then immediately went back to England and finally came back to Canada in September 2010, after one year. Since then I've been living and working in Canada.
Life has been sweet, peaceful and awesome. Infact, if I new Canada and Canadians are very nice hospitable peace loving people, having lots of opportunities for growth and development, and yet not noisy, I wouldn't have wasted my precious years in Great.......
Anyway, my question is just very simple. When will I be due to apply for my Citizenship?
Will it be September 2012 or 2013?
Thanks for your prompt reply as usual.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
September 2013

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All sent with application
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application (8.5 Band)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Bethel7 said:
Hello,
In September 2009 I landed and obtained my PR. Then immediately went back to England and finally came back to Canada in September 2010, after one year. Since then I've been living and working in Canada.
Life has been sweet, peaceful and awesome. Infact, if I new Canada and Canadians are very nice hospitable peace loving people, having lots of opportunities for growth and development, and yet not noisy, I wouldn't have wasted my precious years in Great.......
Anyway, my question is just very simple. When will I be due to apply for my Citizenship?
Will it be September 2012 or 2013?
Thanks for your prompt reply as usual.

Congrats, so which city are you in?

See below information taken from CIC website:
To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need 1095 days (3 years) of living in Canada before you can apply. Or actually, you could apply after 3 years as a PR but it is not advisable as your application would be moving through the system at snail speed and at the end, you would have to argue what makes you so special that you should get your citizenship without having lived in Canada for 1095 days like everybody else. By that time, you probably would have 1095 days and if you would have applied normally, your application might even be through already so it is really not worth it. This is more of an option for say business people who contribute, live and work in Canada but travel too much to ever be able to fulfill the 1095 in 4 years.

Bethel7

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Thanks for your prompt reply. Nice people!!!
Thanks for being a blessing to millions of people with immigrational challenges all across the World.
May your days be long. May your seed seed's seeds never lack help where ever they go to on earth.
Your FREE Legal Advice on this website has sustained the smile and joy of millions of immigrants to Canada including me. Thanks for being there for people like us who could not have been able to afford Legal cost. But today we are here because of your kindness and your free legal advice.
Thanks a million times.
Bethel7.