+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR-Renewal - URGENT help

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
I applied for PR renewal in March 2012. In May I checked the status online, and it said application approved,and you will be asked to collect you PR card in four weeks.But, because I did not receive the card by June, I called the customer service, and they said that the application has been sent to the local offce (Montreal) for further verification and that they will contact you; I asked when they will contact me, they said, there is no way he can tell, it could take 6 months to 2 years. I AM SHOCKED. What happened here, I have my vacation planned for September... my tickets will go waste, plus I have to visit my home country soon,becasue my mother is not well.
Please let me know what my options are? The call center agent told me to apply for for returning resident permit in India, but that could take 3-4 weeks at the local embassy, and I will be in India only for 2 weeks. I am very frustrated, and do not know what to do. PLEASE HELP...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to the CIC office in Montreal in person and ask what is going on. Also visit your member of parliament and complain. They could inquire into your case and possibly speed it up a little.

Can you prove without a doubt that you meet the residency requirements? If you can (been working the whole time for example), your case is even stronger.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
Go to the CIC office in Montreal in person and ask what is going on. Also visit your member of parliament and complain. They could inquire into your case and possibly speed it up a little.

Can you prove without a doubt that you meet the residency requirements? If you can (been working the whole time for example), your case is even stronger.
1. There is no longer any walk in service at any CIC in Canada.

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it.

Yes, out of the 2 years in any given 5 years; I worked for atleast 22 months out of 24 months, and the rest 2 months
I can prove, because I applied for SIN number.. open bank accounts and so on...

How do I contact the local parliament official ?
Also, I am not sure, if I can contact the locat office in montreal direclty, they do not seem to take walk ins... I am so frustrated..

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
That sounds really odd / scary.

I hope they are not 'messing around" with people these days. I would think/hope not. Why would they approve and then send it for more checks etc. Very odd.

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
Please let me know, what my options are?

I am planning to resend the application with a request for urgent processing....
any help is appreciated.

-Thanks,