+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal - Travel History

ddelaneyca

Feb 6, 2021
Hamilton, ON
I'm filling out my PR Renewal for the first time and this is...fun.

I think I've read every post I could find here and I'm still split. I landed in April 2016 from the Buffalo, NY, but we lived right over the border in Fort Erie. And with that, I was still headed over the border into the office during the week, along with other recreational activities. Hockey games, events with family, friends, etc. That slowed at bit when we moved more north in 2019, however that leaves 3+ years of very frequent travel history.

So with that, do I include all these trips on my travel history? It would be quite a list, to say the least. I could probably reconstruct a bunch based on my calendar and phone but I might be mailing a novel. Can I include extra pages like printing off the travel history PDF and start filling that in?

Or are these trips limited to times were I spent more than 24 hours away? The very bulk of these were a few hours. Either for work or play. The handful of longer trips are much easier to reconstruct.

So, do I spend a month filling this out and mail them a small book, or do I only address the longer trips and allow them access to my CBSA data.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Include all crossing border trips regardless they are day or overnight.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

I think I've read every post I could find here and I'm still split. I landed in April 2016 from the Buffalo, NY, but we lived right over the border in Fort Erie. And with that, I was still headed over the border into the office during the week, along with other recreational activities. Hockey games, events with family, friends, etc. That slowed at bit when we moved more north in 2019, however that leaves 3+ years of very frequent travel history.

So with that, do I include all these trips on my travel history? It would be quite a list, to say the least. I could probably reconstruct a bunch based on my calendar and phone but I might be mailing a novel. Can I include extra pages like printing off the travel history PDF and start filling that in?

Or are these trips limited to times were I spent more than 24 hours away? The very bulk of these were a few hours. Either for work or play. The handful of longer trips are much easier to reconstruct.

So, do I spend a month filling this out and mail them a small book, or do I only address the longer trips and allow them access to my CBSA data.

Dennis
I too had lot of entries(750+) but still listed all trips including day trips like Steaky mentioned. Create a table in the excel sheet(same as you see in the form) and include rest of the entries that dont fit in that form. Later attach this additional sheet at the end of the form.
This will avoid any delay from the officer to issue the card(and to avoid the officer sending the card to local cic office).

Providing detail entry/exit records will make the officer easier to decide on the application. My take is that giving complete records wont trigger review and get the card issued soon. I even included the I94 entries.
Also include complete pages of passport. I did not want to give any chance for queries due to heavy travel. Yes, the application would be bulky but it helps finalizing the application hence its worth preparing for few days for it.

Reactions: armoured and YVR123

Caklja

Feb 18, 2021

Dennis

Caklja

Feb 18, 2021
Same problem. I would need 4 years of weekly trips. There's a box to check that states they can have access to your records thru border services. I did that & it was returned. Do I put N/A in the spaces for dates then?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same problem. I would need 4 years of weekly trips. There's a box to check that states they can have access to your records thru border services. I did that & it was returned. Do I put N/A in the spaces for dates then?
Even if you checked the box, you need to write your travel history on the space provided.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do they just need overnight stays like vacations? Or every trip where I'm gone 3 hours?
I fail to see why people think it's optional, or why a three-hour trip is different from a three-day trip when the form requires your complete travel history.

The trips are like Pokemon. The form has gotta get 'em all.

Reactions: YVR123

Caklja

Feb 18, 2021
I fail to see why people think it's optional, or why a three-hour trip is different from a three-day trip when the form requires your complete travel history.

The trips are like Pokemon. The form has gotta get 'em all.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

This states that if you check the box authorizing CBSA to get travel history, that is sufficient.
That is not what it says.

This is the CBSA's website. It says that if you check the box, you do not need to request a travel history report from CBSA. It does not say you do not need to fill out your travel history. Before 2020, CBSA does not have data on exits from Canada, and CBSA never has details on your travels between countries that are not Canada.

You are still required to fill out your travel history. It's not optional. Nor is it optional if you feel it's too much work. Nowhere on the IRCC form does it suggest that ticking the box about CBSA travel report - which comes after three sections where you are required to fill out your travel history - makes the previous pages of form non-mandatory.

The form says that if you do not check the box, you may be required to get an entrances report from CBSA on your own. You still need to provide the full travel history even if you feel you're too important to write out trips.