+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal is in secondary review-Now eligible for citizenship

Namenou

Oct 6, 2017
Hello seniors in this forum and everybody,
Please, I need you to answer my question.
I applied for renewing my PR more than a year ago. My file went to secondary review and I was asked to submit some additional documents. One of them was entry/exit certificate. I was given 30 days for the submission of those documents. Due to the difficulty of getting this certificate from my home country, and due to some health issues that kept me worried for few months, I couldn't submit the documents required. In their letter, they informed me that if they don't receive my documents in 30 days, they will consider my application abandoned and this will require me to submit a new application, pay new fees, new photos....
As I was approaching the eligibility of applying for a citizenship, I just forgot about my PR as I was sure that I am not travelling anywhere.
My question is: Now I am eligible for citizenship. Do you think I should proceed to submit my application for citizenship or you think I still have to submit a new application for my PR renewal first? Does the status of my application which is in the "secondary review" affect my citizenship application?
Also, what do they mean by considering application abandoned?