+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR REFUSED -- URGENT! - August 2014 applicant

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Harry0001 said:
How many points do you have under EE?

CIC is consistently drawing around 460 for last few draws. If you can able to get around 460 points, you will most likely get an invitation to apply. Minimum points vary draw to draw but as soon as you meet that minimum points required for a particular draw, you will be invited straightway..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/ita.asp
I have 264 right now, because I haven't got my Bachelor's Degree assessed, yet, which might give me another 120 points. = 384.
I was also suggested to improve my language skills. I have 114 points for English only right now. And 40 points for my work experience (I have 20 months on B-level experience; the 11 months on C-level do not count, neither does my self-employment apparently).

The lawyer told me, the number would drop in the next months, perhaps even down to 350. Can't believe this.

Harry0001

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18, 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP request- Feb 17, 2016... Sent-Feb 29..
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 12, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Jan 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 22, 2016
Interview........
CIC called my Employer on Feb 17,2016.
Passport Req..
April 07,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2016
LANDED..........
April 26, 2016
OhWow said:
I have 264 right now, because I haven't got my Bachelor's Degree assessed, yet, which might give me another 120 points. = 384.
I was also suggested to improve my language skills. I have 114 points for English only right now. And 40 points for my work experience (I have 20 months on B-level experience; the 11 months on C-level do not count, neither does my self-employment apparently).

The lawyer told me, the number would drop in the next months, perhaps even down to 350. Can't believe this.
I wish if score could go down to 350. I have 423 and waiting for more than a year.

Try to find where you can improve your score from.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Try to get close to 450, that might give you a good chance to be invited in coming months . Score probably would drop in coming months but not that low, considering all previous draws for EE so far.

jo4977

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-02-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
passed
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
Hello Bud,
Sad to hear that it got rejected. However, Im in a situation where I have gone through what you went through. My PR got rejected in Jan because my husband came to visit me in Canada and his PCC was done before coming to Canada. And I applied for CEC after he got here and likewise, his current address changed from India to Canada.
And believe it or not, I used the services of a Lawyer. Upon rejection, I was adviced to write and contact the MP here so that the CSE could get fast tracked. I did that- useless, the Great and important MP who works for the people and their problems did not even respond a "thankyou for receiving your email"! However, the lawyer adviced me to get my reference letter from India from my previous employment which qualifies under CEC. I did that, and got more points and re-applied. I got a new invite.
So my personal opinion, do not be dejected, just try contacting your MP-you never know your MP might be a nice guy, submit a CSE and also reapply-you might have a better chance - provided you have enough points and provided your work visa doesn't expire anytime soon. Try all the avenues that you can. If you want to do a CSE do it asap because there is a time limit for it. Try to take some legal advice, it wont hurt. Also, the money lost can be gained if you can stay and work here. So, think big and think long term.
Yes, CIC sucks (no doubt) but we can either crib or just try to do what best we can.

Best of Luck.
Take Care.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I have sent a letter asking for reconsideration including all evidence that I was authorized to work in the job that I performed.
The job title is clearly written on my CAQ / LMO. I assume, the immigration officer, who assessed the CAQ / LMO back then assigned the wrong NOC, and subsequently the CBSA officer who issued my work permit with same false occupation on it. At least, this would be a proof that I did not work in a job I was not entitled to work in and that even back then had always been considered a B-level position. I am hoping for the best, really.

I don't understand why they print NOC occupations on the permits. It's way too general. Why don't they print the exact job title that is written on your CAQ / LMO and use NOC when it comes to permanent immigration? This would be a much fairer and less confusing process.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I just logged into ECAS and my PR is back in process. Please, wish me luck that my reconsideration works.

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
That's great! Looks like they might study your application again...! I really hope you'll get your PR in the end...

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
OhWow said:
I just logged into ECAS and my PR is back in process. Please, wish me luck that my reconsideration works.
All the best to you. Is CIC supposed to send you an email or mail saying that we are reviewing it again? I forgot if you got a lawyer... Maybe he has heard something?

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
sf1234 said:
All the best to you. Is CIC supposed to send you an email or mail saying that we are reviewing it again? I forgot if you got a lawyer... Maybe he has heard something?
I did not receive anything from CIC. Maybe tomorrow. I am hoping for the best. The lawyer asked me to pay 500$ and this was all he could do. I am fighting on my own with the help of friends.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
OhWow said:
Thats a good sign. I feel and Wish they will consider back your application. Stay positive and post updates here :)

hot_andy4u2002

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
I wish you all the best. Hope this is a good sign and you will get your PR application approved. You have worked hard and waited for years for so long. Good Luck !!!

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
hot_andy4u2002 said:
I wish you all the best. Hope this is a good sign and you will get your PR application approved. You have worked hard and waited for years for so long. Good Luck !!!
Thanks everyone. Yes, I worked hard, especially in the last few months I have achieved my dream, but I think this applies to most people here on this forum. I wish, CIC would want to get to know me in person so I could convince them I am a good and honest person.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
OhWow said:
Thanks everyone. Yes, I worked hard, especially in the last few months I have achieved my dream, but I think this applies to most people here on this forum. I wish, CIC would want to get to know me in person so I could convince them I am a good and honest person.
Good To hear Ohwow, hope you will get the PR in the end. As you belief you are honest with CIC then no one can defeat you. Keep work hard give them the evidences and in the end result will be in your favour.

Best of luck