+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Refused under CEC

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Without a new letter from the company which lists your duties , wages etc it should have a statement that they intend to employ you for at least 1 year after they issue you a permanent resident visa without which you will not able to claim the 50 points and if you did the application would get rejected. What is your score without the job offer letter?
Well i have seen here some people claiming points without this statement -"intend to employ you for at least 1 year after they issue you a permanent resident visa"
I do have a letter that states the job responsibilities / wages / mentioning I am a full time employee.
I am looking for advise from someone who has gone down this path - none of the indian it companies provide such letter :(

Did you claim these points while being on ICT VISA?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Well i have seen here some people claiming points without this statement -"intend to employ you for at least 1 year after they issue you a permanent resident visa"
I do have a letter that states the job responsibilities / wages / mentioning I am a full time employee.
I am looking for advise from someone who has gone down this path - none of the indian it companies provide such letter :(

Did you claim these points while being on ICT VISA?
If you have seen people claiming these points without this statement, they will rejected those points most likely and I have seen people reporting here that their application was rejected. If someone goes through without this statement that’s pure luck or VO’s mistake. See this article where someone reported that they got rejected due to this missing statement . https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-refused-under-cec.672733/

Also I am on ICT work permit and my company gave me this letter with a statement about one year requirement post receiving permanent residency status , and you should talk to your supervisor to see if you can get a custom letter signed by him and print it on company letter head without which you should not claim 50 points as this will probably be rejected and you will lose months of time before you will know.

Also see IRCC website about job offer requirements which clearly states among all other things -‘
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa’

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
If you have seen people claiming these points without this statement, they will rejected those points most likely and I have seen people reporting here that their application was rejected. If someone goes through without this statement that’s pure luck or VO’s mistake. See this article where someone reported that they got rejected due to this missing statement . https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-refused-under-cec.672733/

Also I am on ICT work permit and my company gave me this letter with a statement about one year requirement post receiving permanent residency status , and you should talk to your supervisor to see if you can get a custom letter signed by him and print it on company letter head without which you should not claim 50 points as this will probably be rejected and you will lose months of time before you will know.

Also see IRCC website about job offer requirements which clearly states among all other things -‘

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Thanks for your help. I have dropped u a DM. Can we connect there please

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019

Hello,

I am in the same situation, althouh in my eployment offer they states for me that i am actually working permanently for the university and this is a continuous, paid, full time regular job.

do you think the permanent keyword is sufficient to prove that i am continuing work with them through this offer indefinitly?

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
I told them to add this sentence and they accepted in my offer letter: I confirm to you that this offer will always be valid for at least one year after obtaining permanent resident status.

So is this now right for the officer to validate the job offer right?

Last edited:

CJEQ

May 30, 2021
Hi,
To claim job offer points(50 points) you need to submit your employer support letter for CEC , letter has to state that your employer will provide at least one year job.(This letter is apart from your experience and initial job offer letter ) .In my case, my employer provided a letter which mentioned as “indefinite support” for my CEC.

I had gone through the same process and got my PR approval yesterday night , will be happy to share the known information.

P.S how I know this ? my PR case was handled by my employer lawyer(representative).
Hi, I would like to ask if this means asking for a reference letter from the employer that specifically mentions "I will hire XXX as a postdoctoral fellow for another year after he got his PR." without having to add it to the original offer? Thank you.

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
I told them to add this sentence and they accepted in my offer letter: I confirm to you that this offer will always be valid for at least one year after obtaining permanent resident status.

So is this now right for the officer to validate the job offer right?
Hey just wanted to check if you were able to use the lines as my friend is also in similar situation and might need to ask the employer to include those lines.