+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR query

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Since I got the PR lately in 2022 and I just came back to India after taking my card because of my degree that was ongoing here in India , i just want to know that , I have been outside Canada for about 6 months , now do I need to visit Canada? Like i think i shouldn't be straight away be absent from Canada after taking my Pr Card? So do I need to visit once over there for just to show my presence on papers , i am doing my Mtech in AI from Amity University Noida , so it will get over in 2024 so within this time period i need to visit once in canada to show my presence or i should just go there once and for all after completing my this last degree from India? What do you suggest me in this.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Since I got the PR lately in 2022 and I just came back to India after taking my card because of my degree that was ongoing here in India , i just want to know that , I have been outside Canada for about 6 months , now do I need to visit Canada? Like i think i shouldn't be straight away be absent from Canada after taking my Pr Card? So do I need to visit once over there for just to show my presence on papers , i am doing my Mtech in AI from Amity University Noida , so it will get over in 2024 so within this time period i need to visit once in canada to show my presence or i should just go there once and for all after completing my this last degree from India? What do you suggest me in this.
Look into the email correspondence from IRCC after approval it says something like 730 days out of 5 years in Canada. You have to stay here to count towards being a PR. Its not like supervisa that you have to land and show papers and go back.You have to be physically here in Canada, live here, pay bills and taxes.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only requirement for you to maintain your PR status, is to be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (does not have to be continuous days) in each rolling 5 year period. Since you became a PR in late 2022 you could, in theory, return to Canada in mid-late 2025 and will have still met the R.O. when you apply to renew your card in 2027, as long as you show 730 days or more in Canada on the day that you apply to renew your card.

Only the PR Card expires after 5 years. PR status does NOT expire, but can be be lost for breaching the Residency Obligation.