+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR proof for University

Jimmyb

Jun 4, 2013
My PR card expires in September 2013. I have just learned that it takes 100 days on average to be renewed so I'll start the renewal application very soon. I recieved an offer of admission to University and I am required to show proof of my residency at the start of the term in Sept. By that time, my card may be expired/nearly expired. Is the University going to accept it? Are there other documents that shows proof of PR status? I have already met the residency obligation.

Thank you

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
you can show your copy of permanent residence since you only need PR for travel purposes...they might give you trouble but you can show them that you have applied for the new card

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jimmyb said:
My PR card expires in September 2013. I have just learned that it takes 100 days on average to be renewed so I'll start the renewal application very soon. I recieved an offer of admission to University and I am required to show proof of my residency at the start of the term in Sept. By that time, my card may be expired/nearly expired. Is the University going to accept it? Are there other documents that shows proof of PR status? I have already met the residency obligation.

Thank you
Why don't you ask the University what other proof of PR status they accept...you are unlikely to be the first student to be in this scenario.