+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligation now met

raja4321

Dec 4, 2008
Hi there,

I was short of two months on PR obligation of 730 days due to mother's illness back-home.
Applied for PR renewal due to lack of proper info when I was short of 2 months.
My PR renewal got delayed, may take upto 12 months.

I have completed 730 days obligation in Sept 2008.Need to visit home country due to deaths in family & get back to Canada .

Some one suggested that I should re-apply for PR card again as now I have completed 2years and 6 months in Canada.
Can I submit 2nd application while 1st is with CIC. Is ok to submit new application or there implications of it.
I wish to get PR card faster 44 days waiting now than 6-7 month due to recession problems here

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR obligation is not going to be met just because you stayed some time after you already failed it. Since you failed to meet your residency requirements, immigration Canada will have to think about if you deserve to keep your PR or not. Applying for PR card again will not make it faster if they are looking into your case already. You should really consider staying in Canada to avoid problems until they make a decision on your case.

raja4321

Dec 4, 2008
Thank you Leon.
I have more querries....
1. I received Local CIC office letter asking for my details of history,assets,liabilities, PR status determination form asking about stay in Canada from the date of this letter which is 3rd March 09 within 60 days of the letter.
2. How does it proceed from now? I meet the PR obligation of 730 days if they consider last period of 5 years from date of this request i.e. 3rd Mar 09. Do they consider//determine based on ties I established (family/property/Job here) and last 5 years from the date of this letter(i.e. 3rd March 09) as per OP 10 PR status determination section A 28 2 b ii or it is still at CIC discretion.
3. How long it might take to process from now?
4. Do I need to consult a Lawyer/Consultant( I know they will charge me fees) or fill it on my own and submit?

I wish to be more informed this time.
Thanks again....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to find a new comers centre and see if they have a free lawyer you can talk to. The rest I don't really know. If you have close family members in Canada, they might let you slide because of humane and compassionate grounds but then again, you were able to stay away for more than 3 years in the last 5 so they might question how close family ties you really have here.

Taro

Apr 9, 2009
Hi Raja,

My case is somewhat similar to yours ,i was just curious have you got your PR Card so far or its still in process??