+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Obligation Issue

saeedk

Mar 19, 2009
Hi

I spent around 3 years in USA and then moved to Canada. I registered Inc company and started doing consulting work from my home office. During this time i visited USA for Analysis work on my company's client side, but these visits were usually for max one week's duration per visit. Also during my stay in Canada i bought house here, my Daughter is also going school here. I filled my personal taxes and company taxes including monthly payroll taxes etc.

Now when i applied for PR card renewal in April 2008 without having completed the 730 days. But with the exception of spending some days out of Canada for the work of a Canadian Based Company. Which makes total canadian time more then 730 days

After 10 months I have recieved a letter from CIC wanting more details and documents proving my stay in Canada in the past 5 years. On calling CIC Agent told me that as i worked outside canada for a USA company so my outside canada time will not be counted. And there might be a window for humanitarion and compassionate grounds only.
I think it is due to confusion as i provided USA client contract with my company stating that on requirement basis i may need to visit client side. And CIC thinks that's the company i worked for in these day. But in actual that is only a client of my Canada Based Company and Not making any direct payment to me.

Should I contact a lawyer to help me with my case or Should i write clarification letter along with required documents or visit local offce in person as my case is in local office now.

Another important thing is my wife and daughter got PR cards renewed already as both of them completed 730 day obligation.

Regards,

Saeedk

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are pretty bad about acknowledging small Canadian companies for this. They could say that you established a company in Canada just to protect your PR status. They would not acknowledge that at all. You should definitely talk to a lawyer.