+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr near expiry ........ studying abroad ..........

rozel

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm a PR card holder, my pr expires on may, 2009 ..... i'm studying in India ...... i'm above 18 years old ......... i migrated to Canada with my parent as dependent at that time who are also presently in India ........ i have joined 5 years regular professional study course in India ........Is it possible for me to stay in India until my degree is over and maintain my PR status ? ...... if yes, what procedure to be followed ?....... what permissions i need to get from the Canadian High Commission in India ?........

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't get any kind of permission. You either need to fulfull your 730 days in any 5 year period in Canada or as long as you are with your parent and are under 22 and your parent is compliant with the residency requirements, you are also ok. For example, if your parent needs to go back to Canada to keep their PR and stay for 2 years, then comes back to India with you, then you will only be considered to have been gone from Canada for 2 years, the time your parent was not with you. That is if you are under 22. After 22, you are on your own. I suggest if you care to live in Canada in the future that you do your studies in Canada instead. You will have an easier time getting a job in Canada with a Canadian degree.