+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - medical inadmissible

ala4459

Jan 25, 2023
Hello, I'm studying in Vancouver now. After completing the course next year, I will apply PR.
My question is I have CKD lvl4, but is it the medical test can be exempted? Or will I be rejected for medical inadmissible?
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I'm studying in Vancouver now. After completing the course next year, I will apply PR.
My question is I have CKD lvl4, but is it the medical test can be exempted? Or will I be rejected for medical inadmissible?
Thank you.
You are not exempted. For PR, you must pass and take the medical. No one can tell you if you will be medically inadmissible. If you take the medical, and receive a procedural fairness letter then you will have to prove that your disease is not a burden on the health care system. Panel physicians will determine the cost of treatment over the long term and whether you would need a transplant at some point.

Reactions: Taran D

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. I just check IRCC page and wondering if the test can be exempted. (I did the exam in 2021 before applying study permit)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
Given your level of kidney disease you will likely need to do further medical tests no matter what. Whether you are medical inadmissible will depends on your chances of needing dialysis or a kidney transplant in the next 5-10 years. Kidney failure will have to be declared as a serious illness on your PR application. If you are currently seeing a nephrologist would suggest they provide a letter about your current treatment and prognosis when you apply for PR.