+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing in Canada

sree81

Mar 28, 2022
Hi
I have recently been issued COPR to Canada through PNP and I am planning to fly with my family in the first week of May. Unfortunately I can't move to Canada fully then as I have some contractual work obligations in UK where I am currently working. It would be a possible stay of maximum 2 weeks in Canada. But I think the PR card won't be issued in that time frame. I would like to know if it is possible to return to UK before we get our PR cards and then migrate and get settled like after an year? I found that it was possible before when I went through some threads in this forum, but could not find any recent updates on it. So would like to know if its the same even now.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have recently been issued COPR to Canada through PNP and I am planning to fly with my family in the first week of May. Unfortunately I can't move to Canada fully then as I have some contractual work obligations in UK where I am currently working. It would be a possible stay of maximum 2 weeks in Canada. But I think the PR card won't be issued in that time frame. I would like to know if it is possible to return to UK before we get our PR cards and then migrate and get settled like after an year? I found that it was possible before when I went through some threads in this forum, but could not find any recent updates on it. So would like to know if its the same even now.

Thanks
Yes, you can soft landing and return after an year.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. So we don't have to wait for the PR card. We can leave Canada just after two weeks from landing right?
That's right.

You can apply a PR Travel document in London when you are ready to return to Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you can provide a physical address in Canada (eg a friend), they will likely send your card in a month or two and you can have it sent to you in the UK.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all,
I am currently in Dubai awaiting for stamped passport and planning to get to Canada asap.

Just wondering is soft landing still a thing? Can i travel to Canada for a week and meet all obligations like pr card, sin number and comeback? How long it will take to get PR card? (i would be giving my cousin's address in Ottawa).

My plan is to comeback to Dubai and wind up my job and stuff here and finally settle down after 2months, if possible want to visit home for two weeks as well.... What would be the best pathway for me to follow...
Thanks in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,
I am currently in Dubai awaiting for stamped passport and planning to get to Canada asap.

Just wondering is soft landing still a thing? Can i travel to Canada for a week and meet all obligations like pr card, sin number and comeback? How long it will take to get PR card? (i would be giving my cousin's address in Ottawa).

My plan is to comeback to Dubai and wind up my job and stuff here and finally settle down after 2months, if possible want to visit home for two weeks as well.... What would be the best pathway for me to follow...
Thanks in advance!
Dpulicate thread. See your other post.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy